southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

googling around, I found this:

http://www.mecanisburgo.com/

It seems, the game is only the last part of a whole "conceptual art vision" including electronica, robotics, pre-post-art future featuring CD-Roms, Music, conceptual stuff, "acciones" - Servando Carballar always in the "centre" as "líder spiritual", and so on - and the whole concept stuff seems to be pretty old (1997) ... I mean, this is all in Spanish, so I would really love to know ... - WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT ???!!!

Servando?

Marta?

Any enlightment available?

Looks great, BTW !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marta Cervera
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Game is based in Aviador Dro's world, specially in the thematic CD "Mecanisburgo" we released in 2001 (wich included a CD with 12 songs about the city and its inhabitants, and a CDROM with texts, graphics and animations). Aviador Dro is our electronic music band (its name comes from a Futuristic Opera of 1921), and I am afraid it is older than 1997... In fact in 2009 we are celebrating our 30 Anniversary (Servando-Biovac- was 17 when the band was formed, I joined 2 years later).
And actions... Aviador Dro has always been more than music. We founded in 1981 what became the most important Spanish independent record label of those "Movida" years: DRO. In 1988, when it was transforming into something different (just business, less interesting), we (Biovac and I) left the company and founded another record label (which died in 1994 getting all of our savings!) and a comic/games store (which has become a small chain today)... Playing games and music (both even use the same word, play!) have always been our hobbies (and reading Science Fiction, of course!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marta Cervera
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the web you found not all is in Spanish! In section 04 there is small section (el Aviador Dro Radioactivo Tour in Deutschland) with panfletos (leaflets)and programs in German. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing me on this. Scientific anarchy, evolution towards cyborgs - communication is action - we want to be radioactive! - is this more serious or more tongue-in-cheek ...? Well, probably everybody has to make his own mind about all this - disturbing fun ...

thumbsup thumbsup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtclUSGCIQ&feature=related
Normal youtube embedding link doesn`t work, don`t know why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marta Cervera
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Science Fiction is a very serious thing, and so are our lyrics (but never loose the sense of humour). We have always said that we prefer music which moves the listener´s feet and brains at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
mbmbmbmbmb
The album in question

http://www.last.fm/music/El+Aviador+Dro/Mecanisburgo

I fear that I am not a music fan, at all, in fact my 20gb mp3 player is filled with audiobooks and no music.

But that first track is very good laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.