Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Graham
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rule 6.26 states:
"not every battle hex may be within range of the designated reacting HQ, any units it activates may react into any declared battle hex that their movement allowance allows them to reach. The Reaction HQ may only activate units that are in supply and within activation range of the HQ."

So what about units that are in a battle hex that are out of range of the HQ? I assume they still participate in the battle but can they move out of the hex? I think not but I don't see this specific application of the rule in the rule book (unless I'm missed it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael confoy
United States
ASHBURN
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Units in the battle hex automatically react in that hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vignuzzi
Canada
Burritts Rapids
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that they participate in the battle but they are not activated, so they cannot leave the battle hex, nor can they PBM after the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb
Units in the battle hex participate in the battle, even if they are not activated. And they cannot use post battle movement, as correctly stated by previous poster. If the battle hex is captured by operations player, reaction units in the battle hex, whether activated or not, will get the emergency air or naval move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.