Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Conquest-XP confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I feel really dense now but I have to ask this question...

The rules state that whenever any hero earns a Conquest token every hero gets one XP. Ok everything's fine so far.

Now, my main confusion is with the original rules about opening treasure chests. (where everyone shared the treasure) In the new chart for treasure chests , it says that you roll four black dice and if you roll anything but a blank all the heroes get a conquest token. Then all the heroes would get one experience.

So, do you get one conquest token per non-blank roll or do you have to roll 4 non-blanks to get one conquest token? So, you could technically get 4 conquest tokens, if no "blanks" were rolled, and hence 4 XP for everyone too?

When you kill the final leader, does everone get 100 and 2 conquest tokens meaning a net gain of 8 conquest tokens and 8 XP and 400gp for the heroes? The rules states the "heroes" receive this. Or is it just 2 conquest tokens in total?


I guess I can't tell if the "heroes" means the party or all the heroes individually...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blustar wrote:
Man I feel really dense now but I have to ask this question...


You're not the only one. There has been a lot of questions over the experience. Just remember anytime the party gets a conquest token, each hero gets one XP.

Quote:
The rules state that whenever any hero earns a Conquest token every hero gets one XP. Ok everything's fine so far.

Now, my main confusion is with the original rules about opening treasure chests. (where everyone shared the treasure) In the new chart for treasure chests , it says that you roll four black dice and if you roll anything but a blank all the heroes get a conquest token. Then all the heroes would get one experience.


Correct. They would each get one experience.

Quote:
So, do you get one conquest token per non-blank roll or do you have to roll 4 non-blanks to get one conquest token? So, you could technically get 4 conquest tokens, if no "blanks" were rolled, and hence 4 XP for everyone too?


You have to roll 4 non-blanks to get one conquest token. On page 17 it says "If a chest is opened and no treasures are found, the heroes receive one extra conquest token." That is your reward instead of copper/silver/gold treasure(s). Otherwise the wording would have said "For each blank...". In this case, 4 blanks means one conquest token (which gives each hero one XP).

Quote:
When you kill the final leader, does everone get 100 and 2 conquest tokens meaning a net gain of 8 conquest tokens and 8 XP and 400gp for the heroes? The rules states the "heroes" receive this. Or is it just 2 conquest tokens in total?

I guess I can't tell if the "heroes" means the party or all the heroes individually...


The party would receive 2 conquest tokens (which means 2 XP for each hero) and 100 coins total. Think of the difference in wording of "the heroes receive" versus "each hero receive".

Hope this helps,
Jeff
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks...blush
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.