Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased a deck of Mah Jongg playing cards that didn't come with any rules. Does anyone know where I can download or view rules for this game. I noticed the game isn't even listed here on boardgame geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC they should just be cards with the same suits and values as the tiles in the regular game, and can be played with almost the same rules as the tile game. You just make a regular deck instead of a wall, and deal from the top after cutting the deck. You don't have a dead wall, so Kong bonus tiles/cards are drawn from top of deck. And the game ends in a 0p draw when the deck runs out, not when you reach the dead wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but having never played the tile game and hearing about many different variations I'm still a bit lost even when it comes to playing whatever the basic game is. Are there general rules for a basic game available? What is considered the basic game of Mah Jongg?

Cards in this deck (besides the 108 suited cards, 12 dragons, & 16 N,S,E,W cards) include 10 jokers, 8 season cards, 8 flower cards, 4 cards with the letter F, 4 with the letter C, 4 with the letter P, & 4 blank cards. Anyone have any idea how all these cards work together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
This site has all the rule sets:
http://www.sloperama.com/mjfaq.html

Personally I like Japanese Classical rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/mahjong/rules1924.html
has a 1924 Guide to Mah Jong using cards.
Edit: The same site has downloads for Mah Jong card sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.