Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I you pass the before combat test for Night Wolves, can you make two (2) before combat attacks if your hero has his/her own before combat ability (Varikas for example)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can only use one before combat ability.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redlewis1 wrote:
I you pass the before combat test for Night Wolves, can you make two (2) before combat attacks if your hero has his/her own before combat ability (Varikas for example)?

I say yes, you can: one when resolving the Night Wolves' "Before Combat" ability and a second by using your own "Before Combat" ability.

The Night Wolves' "Before Combat" ability reads:

"Test [Body] Climb (14). If you succeed, your Hero may make one ranged attack before combat."

If you succeed your climb check, you get to make a ranged attack and that attack occurs during the resolution of the adventure card's "Before Combat" text. After you resolve the adventure card's "Before Combat" ability, then you get to use your own "Before Combat" abilities -- e.g., Varikas's attack. As specifically stated in the rules (p. 6 in my rule book):

"After resolving the adventure card's 'Before Combat' text, you may use each of your Hero's and Allies' 'Before Combat' ablities once." [Emphasis in original.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack and Frank:

Thanks. That's the way I was playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.