Popular Tags: [View All]
Flix
Germany
Heidelberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm referring from memory here...the DC card allows to either remove one influence marker of another player or place one of my own color (coming from the open supply).

Q: Is this marker removed and put back in the supply after the turn or is it from now on part of The Family?

I think it stays in my possession but the question might be legitimate as markers from the pool e.g. used to indicate a truck ownership are put back to the pool..

Thanks,
Flix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Beyer
United States
Northville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, it goes back to the supply, not your back room. The marker is "destroyed."

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flix
Germany
Heidelberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don, thanks so much for your reply!

Just to make sure there´s no misunderstanding: I absolutely understand that a destroyed marker is always returned to the pool.
But my question dealt with the case where a marker is added: is it considered as temporarily added and valid for one turn only or does it stay in my backroom from now on.
Hope this is clearer than my original post.

Why am I assuming the added marker to stay with family for the rest of the game?
- Well, the DC card has the power to influence the strength of another family by permanently removing one marker. So I thought the equivalent was to permanently add one marker to my family.

Thanks for your patience,
Flix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Beyer
United States
Northville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I misunderstood! It was getting late.

The DC card is played on a speakeasy - the influence is added or removed permanently to or from the speakeasy on which the card was played.

You are right in your assumption about permanently changing the strength of another player's family or your own, the marker goes to the speakeasy not your backroom.

Hope that helps.

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flix
Germany
Heidelberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading your reply I found what my mistake was: for whatever reason I was assuming that all influence marker are removed to the back rooms from the speakeasies at the end of the turn. But there´s nothing like that in the rules... Therefore I was always talking about ¨family¨ and ¨back room¨.
Thanks for clearing up this important point!

One more thing: page 11 of the rules says "...any temporary influence markers are returned to the supply". Could you please tell what cards exactly cause temporary markers to be placed - all I found were cases with permanent placement.

Thanks,
Flix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Beyer
United States
Northville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh -yeah! Influence markers placed in the speakeasies stay there unless forcibly removed. The other common mistake I have seen is the handing out of a bonus influence markers on every turn - it is only after turns 4 and 8.

The "temporary" influence marker on page 11 is referring to the use of an influence marker to mark ownership of trucks when they are lined up at the speakeasies. We found during playtesting that in games with lots of trucks and renting, or actually any game that I was playing, that ownership often became confusing. So we started using an influence marker as a way to indicate who owns the truck. Its on page 10 in the "hints on shipping" section (second to last bullet).

Here is an example:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/58231

...and yes, it is easier to unload if you back in

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flix
Germany
Heidelberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelotti wrote:
The other common mistake I have seen is the handing out of a bonus influence markers on every turn - it is only after turns 4 and 8.

At least this is something I already realized...

angelotti wrote:
The "temporary" influence marker on page 11 is referring to the use of an influence marker to mark ownership of trucks when they are lined up at the speakeasies.

Alright, thanks a lot!

Best,
Flix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.