Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce Callighan
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased a starter set for Monsterpocalypse from my FLGS (On-Board Games in DeKalb). Looking through the contents, everything seemed good until I looked at the alpha form of my Defender X. It turns out he is missing an arm.

The Privateer Press website says to take the figure off of the base and mail it in, along with a customer service form. The figure, however, seems fairly well glued on. Has anyone else had to deal with a defective figure? If so, what was the best method of removing the figure from the base?

Edit: Along this subject, my roommate bought a monster booster from a different location and only got the hypermode monster. Are the two of us just having a string of bad luck, or is there a large proportion of boosters that are miss packed/damaged?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had that exact same problem. I just took a good hold of the figure and the base and wiggled them firmly until they came apart. Don't forget that it is the base that you are supposed to send back.

Jim

edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Tinsley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
one of the best methods for removing something thats glued on is to give it a good chill in the freezer, the cold glue will be far easer to snap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Callighan
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for the suggestions. When it finally comes time for me to ship the base off, I feel confident that I will be able to remove it from the figure without mutilating both parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just pop it off with an craft knife. The figure is already damaged and PP just wants the base to confirm that you actually had the figure. Damaging either half isn't really an issue as long as the base is identifiable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Uruisge
Scotland
flag msg tools
super... wrote:
one of the best methods for removing something thats glued on is to give it a good chill in the freezer, the cold glue will be far easer to snap

Sturmkraehe wrote:
I'd just pop it off with an craft knife. The figure is already damaged and PP just wants the base to confirm that you actually had the figure. Damaging either half isn't really an issue as long as the base is identifiable.

Both ways tend to work just as well with this type of plastic figure :D I can vouch for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
I got 2 Diemos 9's no Hyper form. The only mistake in 20+ packs. haven't sent it in yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Murphy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the one-armed Defender X, I suspect it's a common defect. I've got another pretty interesting problem. I've got a Yasheth on an Zor-Raiden base. If I send in the base, I'll just get a Zor-Raiden, and have two mismatches.

The Zor-Raiden figures also seem to have arm problems: I've gotten a couple with broken arms and "leaning" on the base fairly extremely.

Still, having a lot of fun with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having the same problem. My ultra figure is leaning hardcore, it actually lifts the base... cryshake

But all the same, I can't wait to try the game out once my friend picks up a starter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my monsters have been fine, the only odd thing I've gotten has been a Rocket Chopper mounted backwards on the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Loewen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
I am having the same problem. My ultra figure is leaning hardcore, it actually lifts the base... cryshake

Dip the bent figure in a pot of boiling water for a minute or two, then take it out and hold it up straight while it cools. Afterwards, the lean should be gone. It worked for my super-bent Zor Raiden.

And yeah, I've also gotten an Ares Mothership with a Terra Khan base, and I've only bought 4 boosters. It might be a pretty common problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.