Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have collected and played many CCG's over the years. I haven't actively collect any in awhile. Anything that I have played was always a game that had been around for awhile when I started collecting/playing. I was looking to possibly get into something new. Don't worry about my tastes in CCG's what I'm looking for here is to get into a CCG on the ground floor.

Suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Strand
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have not played many new CCGs but the one I enjoyed the most was World of Warcraft Trading Card Game. I don't feel that you need to play the video game to appreciate the card game at all. It is made by Upperdeck and has some things in common with Vs. system but is less "difficult" and more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sarasio Meyer
United States
Forest City
Iowa
flag msg tools
No Really. Do. or Do not. There is no Try.
badge
Nothing here there is. Look elsewhere you must.
mbmbmbmbmb
Decipher is supposed to have a new one coming out called Fight Klub, but not sure when.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Zinzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the WOW CCG. I think it is the best CCG on the market currently, and have introduced it to people ranging from 10 to 40 years old and they all liked it. Many were former Magic players who liked the mechanics of being able to choose (to a degree) who takes/gives damage in combat on offense and defense. They also liked the ability to play "Heroes" with varying player abilities/stats/character classes as well as co-op raid deck options. The new starter box expansion, Drums of War, has 2 pre-con decks that you can play with right away.

Enjoy!

Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game of thrones has been re-released as a Living Card Game (LCG).

It plays like a ccg, but it's not collectable anymore. They're doing the same with Call of Cthulu in 2009.

If you want to play a ccg, support this model, and maybe more companies will do it.

Check out fantasy flight's web site. I expect they'll have all the details there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll third WoW and second Game of Thrones. Both are great CCGs. WoW feels to me like M:TG done right (no mana screw, more balanced in design). AGOT is very different in mechanics and really cool adaption of the books. However, I don't know that I would get as much enjoyment of the game without the starting point of the novels.

Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.