Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I've just discovered to my horror that games that I have put on my wishlist as "Don't Buy This" appear on the default view of my wishlist that my Secret Santa will see with no marking! I have put games on there that my buddies own so I don't get duplicates!

Secret Santas -- heads up! Verify that the games you're considering on your recipient's wish list are not marked "Don't Buy This" by changing to the list view of their wish list. They fall at the end of the list in the picture view, but there is no marking to indicate that they are no-gos.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally never mark anything with "Don't buy this". I don't want to risk someone looking at my list, going to the store and remembering only the title of something on my list. There is always the possibility that they may not look at the list in detail, especially if they are a non-gamer looking for gift ideas. I do agree that the rest of us, the BGGers, should look at a gift recipiant's list closely, paying close attention to the most wanted items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

They're off mine now as well.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What view is this? I'm confused - I can't figure out how you couldn't see it, since the wishlist rating is pretty essential to be displayed on the wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Sagrilarus wrote:
appear on the default view of my wishlist that my Secret Santa will see with no marking!

The default view of my target shows all their markings. Are you perhaps using a saved view? One that omits the Status/Wishlist column?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
If one is worried about this, one could also add a Wishlist Comment like "I don't want this since my friend already has it" or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    My bad -- halfway. I clicked on the user's wishlist icon, not the text number beside it. I didn't mean to make a mountain out of a molehill, but I also didn't want a copy of Samurai to darken my door.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.