Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey.
With the relentless charge ability and all its derivatives, is a hero attacked by the horseman if they are in the town center? For example, if they have already been KO'ed earlier in the turn.
I'm hoping the answer is no, for a few reasons. Thematically, Ichabod Crane was safe after he crossed a certain bridge, right? So maybe the town center should be this "safe point" from the horseman.
Gameplay-wise, I don't like the idea of an endless cycle of death, putting a hero who already had bad luck to die further and further away from winning by killing them over and over.

Anyway, what's the verdict? Hero attacked if they are in the town center, or does the horseman stop right before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I read the rules correctly on this (and we had the Horseman just the other day), the Town Hall is the place the Horseman attacks, sadly. KO'd characters are not attackable, but once they revive in the Mystery Phase, it appears they are fair game.

My group dropped a Militia in Town Hall just to protect anyone there.

I eagerly await the official answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty sure that the horseman would only attack you in town hall if you are not KO-ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
pretty sure that the horseman would only attack you in town hall if you are not KO-ed

That is correct. The Horseman DOES attack Heroes that are in the Town Hall space during his ride. Remember though that While KO'd, your character does not take part in any aspect of the game. You stand back up during the recovery portion of the Mystery Phase. Only then are you a viable target again. Also, remember that you only have to fight a single round against the Horseman when he rides through your space.

- Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jason,

BTW...just to clarify...how long does he and other villians remain on the board after they appear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars M. Nielsen
Denmark
Kastrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He disappears the second he makes the last attack.

For all intents and purposes, he isn't on the board as such. You don't have to put at token on the board. Just resolve attacks against all characters in his path, and you're done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks...I was right...whew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, thanks for the clarification all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Every Board Game I Reach Is Dead"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The exact same question I asked a month or so ago with the exact same answer- that the horseman can beast K'od heroes over and over again. This is a seriously broken rule that has turned one of my friends right off aToE. House rules galore to avoid this unfairness in future games! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.