Capes & Cowls: The Superhero Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Character stats? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Slumber
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Since it's impossible to find this game to buy, and I know nobody that owns the game, I was wondering if there was anywhere online that I could see see the stats and powers of the characters. I'm extremely interested in this game, and I want to know all I can. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded a spreadsheet a while back that lists the basic stats and also has some subjective estimates of their special abilities. Check the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Moros
South Korea
Gwangju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can send you a readable photo of the mutants.
send me an email to fmoros@hotmail.com

happy games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Slumber
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the speedy and helpful replies! Everything about this game appeals to me a great deal. I'm hoping that this info will keep me satisfied until I can get a copy of my own. And fmoros, you have an email on the way! Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon seahorn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Guy out of nowhere looking to score a complete list of character stats and powers. Curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
produce wrote:
Guy out of nowhere looking to score a complete list of character stats and powers. Curious.

Yeah, a brand new account is created and a single post is made asking for far more information than an interested buyer needs to know. It's almost as if someone wants to create their own copy of the game and doesn't want anyone to know who they are...

[If I could only get stats for all of the cards in Space Alert...]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Slumber
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Wow, I didn't realize that my request would be seen as having some sinister purpose. That is not my intent.

First of all, is there anywhere I can purchase this game? I'll admit that my Google skills are weak, and if I overlooked somewhere I'd really like to know.

Knowing the stats and powers of the characters would help answer several questions. While the reviews say that no character is significantly better than another, are there characters that are slightly better than others on a consistent basis? Do games tend to include only the 15-20 'strong' characters, while leaving the others to the side? I realize that in a game with varying powers a gauge of strength can be rather subjective, since what one person claims to be best may be denounced by another person, with no real way to prove either side. Having just a few opinions on the balance of the game may not adequately address the subject. Plus, I'm curious to see how my initial opinions of the characters match up with the opinions of others.

Other questions have to do with the theme and variety of the characters. Does each character feel unique? Or are variations of the same power spread out among characters in a way that makes the character seem less special or boring? For example, do characters that get buffed by blue spaces merely imitate the characters that get buffed by red spaces? Creating a unique and exciting feel for 32 different characters seems like a task of gigantic proportion, and I'm wondering how well the creator succeeded. Again, 'exciting' and 'boring' are subjective terms, so each person may have a different opinion.

The reason I requested information was honestly only to satisfy my curiosity, not to create some shameless (and artistically-retarded) copy of my own. I'm sorry about any confusion there may be. As others have pointed out, I'm new here.

Oh, and if anybody could provide scans of the Adventure Book, that'd be great. (Yes, I am joking.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all of the characters are obviously different and not simply variations on a theme (i.e. he gets a bonus on red spaces and she gets one on blue). There ARE a few characters which are obviously better than the others... usually. For example, a dedicated mind controller is really great as long as nobody is able to walk up and punch him in his glass jaw. And a dedicated healer is pretty dull as a solo character. Probably most people play 4 vs 4 and that's where some of these characters can really shine with enough support. If you play any of the scenarios, success will vary greatly with the characters chosen.

Like many others, I've toyed with translating my favorite comic characters into C&C stats, but this is a bit harder than it looks BECAUSE the characters are so well balanced. There's simply no good way to translate Superman and Batman and have both in the game. Oh, I suppose you could do something where you created four X-Men and then made one Apocalypse card to fight them all, but that's not how any of the characters work now. I considered adding point values to my translations to help bring about balance in the teams... but it's not worth the effort. Ultimately I already have plenty of characters to work with so if I just want to think of the speedster as Flash and use a Flash piece on the gameboard... so be it.

See, we can offer information without casting aspersions upon your character!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We each have our favorite characters, and I think we would tend to pick those everytime if that is how we selected our teams.

One method we employ when selecting a team is that we choose one character we want on our team then randomly choose three others for a 4-character team. (Sometimes, we select two and then randomly choose two more when we want to try a certain combo).

Sometimes we randomly draw 6 characters and then select 4 of the 6 to be our team. SOmetimes we select 2; draw 4; discard 2.

Both of these methods cause us to try different characters that we might not otherwise select.

Anyhow, there are all kinds of ways to pick a team. Also, we are often pleasantly surprised at the great performance of a randomly chosen character that we would not have selected.

I hope you find your game. I am offerieng mine for sale for $50,000 (just in case someone with money to burn out there really, really wants it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Slumber
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like every character has a use, and, through some creative drafting, that every character will be used. Now I want this game even more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.