Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
You know the ones I'm talking about? Those little clear plastic bases that hold up the figures in such games as Dungeon Twister...

...and Return of the Heroes.

I need 3 or 4 dozen of them for my doors, monsters, heroes, chests, etc. in my print 'n' play edition of Dungeon Plungin'.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.spielmaterial.de/english/miscellaneous_material.h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can go to your local office supply store and buy Binder Clips. Clip the stand up count and remove the silver handles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
Or you can go to your local office supply store and buy Binder Clips. Clip the stand up count and remove the silver handles.

You know, I just saw a bag of these in various metallic colors at Michaels Craft Store just last night.

Designer Clips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Star Wars: Jedi Unleashed is frequently seen at thrift stores, and comes with a slew of those plastic stands. I understand that the binder clips work, but I would prefer the plastic stands, as well, just for ... well, I'm not sure what the reasons would be. I just do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fishhaid
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi there, Face here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought these for Arkham Horror monsters and they work well.

www.mrchips.net/stands.html

Over 100 per bag and different colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
earache wrote:
rri1 wrote:

You know, I just saw a bag of these in various metallic colors at Michaels Craft Store just last night.

Designer Clips

Hey - those are great. I got these (from Staples I think?)... insert the standy-thing you want, then squeeze and remove the handles. They become like 'punchy-the-clown' - knock them over and they stand right back up (sort of).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't like the clear circular ones, I ordered some extra black rectangular ones from GMT Games like the ones used in Wilderness War for an incomplete copy of We the People that I obtained off of ebay several years ago. They are very slightly different that the ones from the old Avalon Hill, but they are essentially the same. However, it might not be worth it without ordering a game along with it.

(If you like black and rectagular, you can always get some of the large black clip binders from an office supply store and remove the two wire pieces...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Star Wars: Jedi Unleashed is frequently seen at thrift stores, and comes with a slew of those plastic stands. I understand that the binder clips work, but I would prefer the plastic stands, as well, just for ... well, I'm not sure what the reasons would be. I just do.

I bought that horrible game just for those plastic bases. It's great to know that I'm not the only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found www.plasticsforgames.com had a good range and pretty good bulk prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

Thank you!!

This is exactly what I was looking for. I've placed an order for 50 plastic stands.

And thanks to everyone else for your helpful suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always go to Hasbro's website, find the Replacement Part section and get an order form to order parts from their board games using a credit card.

For example, you can get 72 Plastic stands and 3 blank dice from Star Wars Jedi Unleashed for 3.00 (That includes shipping).

http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/replacement_parts.cfm

If you find a part in a hasbro game that you really want, you can always order it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nich wrote:
You can always go to Hasbro's website, find the Replacement Part section and get an order form to order parts from their board games using a credit card.

For example, you can get 72 Plastic stands and 3 blank dice from Star Wars Jedi Unleashed for 3.00 (That includes shipping).

If you find a part in a hasbro game that you really want, you can always order it.

Damn! angry Just a few hours ago I completed an order with that company in Germany. It was around 4,50 EUR for the 50 bases and 4,50 EUR for the shipping to Canada, which works out to $14.00 in Canadian dollars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nich wrote:

That's incredible! Thank you. I don't know why I didn't think of that. It's a really great deal for $3, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Star Wars: Jedi Unleashed is frequently seen at thrift stores, and comes with a slew of those plastic stands.

Almost a year ago I spent $14 to order 50 of these bases from Germany, and just yesterday I finally ran across a copy of Star Wars: Jedi Unleashed in a thrift shop. This game has over 70 clear plastic, rectangular bases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasbro in the UK do not stock them cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Hasbro in the UK do not stock them cry

As I've discovered, a lot of old games in thrift shops have the cardboard stand-up characters with these plastic bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pell Bort
Canada
flag msg tools
Technically correct is the BEST kind of correct.
badge
I'm a little lad who loves berries and cream.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use grapes, cut in half, with little slits in the top. Works perfect, and it's healthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Oviedo
United States
Brentwood
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get 100 black plastic bases for $24.95 from Precis Intermedia Games (they make nice PDF based paper minis too):

http://www.pigames.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=29...

They have a smaller pack of 30 bases for $8.95 too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.