Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do allies also take exhaustion while this card is in play? That's the way I've been playing it although the card only mentions Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question to this card: For example I cross two forest places during my movement, and the movement ends on a river place. Do I suffer any exhaustion? Do I suffer 2 exhaustion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Root
United States
Lakemoor
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For both these questions:

From what I've seen between official and unofficial answers to questions, most questions are answered in the cards if you read them carefully. It seems the designers chose their words with precise intent.

redlewis1 wrote:
Do allies also take exhaustion while this card is in play? That's the way I've been playing it although the card only mentions Heroes.

I would say no, allies do not take exhaustion because the card does only mention Heroes. If allies were impacted, they would be mentioned specifically as they are on other cards.

vorakesh wrote:
Another question to this card: For example I cross two forest places during my movement, and the movement ends on a river place. Do I suffer any exhaustion? Do I suffer 2 exhaustion?

I would say yes, since the card states "...each time they move into a forest space." Since to get through the space, you must enter it, you take one exhaustion for each space. I might question that if you were using wings to fly over the space, but otherwise, if you go through the forest to get to the river, you went through the fire.soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@shoshin42: Aha, thanks for fast answering! You are right, I had to mention, that I mean the normal movement, without using any items. I played this way, but wasn't quite sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shoshin42 wrote:

vorakesh wrote:

I would say yes, since the card states "...each time they move into a forest space." Since to get through the space, you must enter it, you take one exhaustion for each space. I might question that if you were using wings to fly over the space, but otherwise, if you go through the forest to get to the river, you went through the fire.soblue

The card, as written, does not give you relief if you are flying. You are still moving through the space.

Allowing wings to avoid the exhaustion is arguing rules from theme, which you should always be careful with, since you can generally come up with any answer. I might argue that flying over a forest fire is far more dangerous than being on the ground, and that you should therefore take damage rather than exhaustion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! So I guess, I also take exhaustion in case if getting on a forest place through escaping a challenge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vorakesh wrote:
Wow! So I guess, I also take exhaustion in case if getting on a forest place through escaping a challenge?

Good question. I guess that depends on whether you are "moving" when you escape. I'd probably say yes, but could argue either way.

Don't have the rules in front of me - do the rules for escaping use the word "move", or is it worded in another way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook (page 6):

"If you succeed at an escape test, do the
following:
• Move your Hero figure back one space in the direction from
which it came."...

Now it is clear for me, escaping is also moving, so my hero would take exhaustion. This brings me to an other thing, that isn't quite clear to me! I usually play Runebound with the Travel Hazards Variant, where the rules state:

"If you end your movement in a non-town space without an
adventure counter, undefeated challenge counter, or another
Hero, you must roll two movement dice to check for
travel hazards."

So, should I roll dice for hazard in case of coming on such a space through escaping. I thought, the rules mean only the movement step, but now I am not sure, because escaping is also moving. Does someone know the answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.