JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have placed a few orders with one german OLGS but this year my SS Target is in Germany. So I ask all you geeks is there a German OLGS that has an english language option or is participating in the BGG SS ??

Who would you recommend?

Thanks for the help

Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something about saying SS target and Germany brings a whole world of thoughts other than christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.
In the first three seconds, I envisioned Nazi store clerks wearing shirts with red bulls-eyes on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon,

you might either check out Milan-Spiele (the owner speaks English) or (for wargames) check Udo Grebe (UGG) or cosimshop.

Just my recs.

Alphawolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hey, if there can be "Springtime for Hitler", why not Christmas for the SS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
The SS (the non-christmas variety) isn't the same anymore, once you've seen this video:

So why no christmas for the SS?

Anyway, concerning the OP:
You can just send an E-Mail to the shop in question. Ask nicely and the chances are very good, that there is someone speaking english who can help you to arrange whatever you have in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian Wolf
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
you might either check out Milan-Spiele (the owner speaks English)

Seconded! Very good service. It´s my regular OLGS. I do not know about their English since I order in German, but I trust you can work it out with them. Do not hesitate to contact one of the German Geeks (such as myself) if you have any problems with your Secret Santa (not abbreviated for obvious reasons) delivery.

Cheers

Kilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
Just saw this:
SECRET SANTA 2008: list of the best European online shops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Varela
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I faced the same problem last year. I bought through Spiele-Offensive and I was able (with some difficulties) to exchange e-mails in english with Dana Neumann (customer service).

But everything cleared up when a german geek kindly offered himself to act as translator... it was amazingly easy from there on. I recommend posting an SOS message asking for help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.playme.de has at least the main page and all important information on shipping and payment in English. I have ordered from them and had no problems, service was quite good. We spoke english in our email communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.