Subject: Collectible Miniature Game Minis for Space Hulk? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C.A.
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Are there any miniatures from the various CMGs that you think may fit the Space Hulk world? I plan to order from a shop that sells singles, so I can pick any mini, hopefully for cheap.

I am aware of two very good fits: The aliens from horroclix to stand for the genestealers. They are kind of expensive, with I think 7 of them in a box set.

The haloclix troops can stand in for the space marines- they don't have the bulky suit, which is a pity since it adds a lot to the theme of slow, heavy soldiers, but they do look like futuristic soldiers.

Any other suggestions? Anything from the D&D line to approximate the various tyranids, or to use as props in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mitchell
United States
Elk Grove
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can buy the 40k minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.A.
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Thanks for your suggestion. There's a reason I said CMGs minis. I can pay $3-4 per terminator on eBay or 30 cents per HaloClix trooper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought those Aliens, and converted up some Colonial Marines*, to play Alien themed Space Hulk scenarios. And I also have both Terminators and Genestealers. Two different sets of terminators in fact, as I have a standard set (painted up as Black Templars) and a special set of Deathwing Terminators, to play with the Deathwing expansion.**

As long as you have a set of "Monsters" and a set of "Heroes", you can´t go all wrong! Just make sure you have troops that are easily identifiable as a Sergeant and a heavy flamer trooper!

Pictures taken on DooM board, but works equally well with SH!

Captain Broken Knife and Librarian Two Heads Talking, from the short story and scenarios included in the Deathwing rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.A.
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
It's great to hear about the various terminator sets you have painted for yourself, but do you have a suggestion of which CMG minis can be used besides the two I mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caltino wrote:
It's great to hear about the various terminator sets you have painted for yourself, but do you have a suggestion of which CMG minis can be used besides the two I mentioned?

I don't have any other CMG suggestions, but one you may consider are the Space Rangers from em4 miniatures:

The plastic and the sculpting is not as nice as the GW figs, but you get a squad of 5 with a leader, 4 regular weapons and 4 different possible heavy weapons for about $1 each. These guys are cheap and are a decent stylistic match for space marines.

They do have some aliens, including one that's a decent match for Genestealers - unfortunately it's a pre-painted metal, and is only available (AFAIK) in a set with 4 other alien minis that you probably don't want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.A.
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Thanks for the suggestion- these are indeed nice and a good replacement figure. They don't have a distributor in the U.S. do they? I didn't see one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know they don't (but I could be wrong).

As I recall the shipping rates are very reasonable, though. I ordered three squads of them a few months back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Try tindictator.com for em4 miniatures.

The Space Rangers are also available under the name "xxx century warriors" from "Nexus".

Here are some pictures:

The alien(genestealer), though prepainted, is only available with 4 other critters.

-Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Millersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Space Marines are also available from Red Shirt Games (redshirtgames.com) as an "Injurius Games 2 Squad Gladiator Pack."

Chris J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have recommendations as to what makes the best genestealer hybrid models? Or is it just a matter of buying some human looking models and calling it close enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you really want to go all out, you could always look on Ebay for the Horrorclix "Aliens Vs. Predator" action packs you've already mentioned. There looks to be some available on ebay right now with Buy-It-Now prices of around 15 dollars. With 7 figures per box, that's maybe 3-4 bucks per fig (if you include shipping and handling costs).

Get maybe 3 of those, and voila! They might need rebasing though, before they'd fit on a Space Hulk tile square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hasslefree miniatures (www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk) have some colonial marine type figures, with a range that is expanding. Also have some power armoured figures and shortie fighters called Grymn. They have many customers in the US -tell them "uncle phil" sent you.
Heresy Miniatures (Heresyminiatures.com I think) -have "Lurkers" and other daemons that will make good stealers -again, post all over the world at reasonable rates and tell them I sent you

One of the good things about GW is that there are so many figures out there that you can often pick up some really good deals on old figures or collections on ebay, such as whole squads of terminators for a fiver, unboxed genestealers etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.