Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
Some folks (Marco C and Alessandro) from my gaming group were interested in this "Snow Tails" game that they saw me buy in Lucca Games a few weeks earlier, so I brought it with me last Friday evening.

While I was showing them the components and explaining what it was all about, we were joined by Marco P, Irene and Erika (maybe they were attracted by the gorgeous snow sleds ) that asked if they could play too. Marco P and Irene already played the game before, while it was new for Erika instead.

Because we were six players and the race track only can fit five sleds, the two girls said they would manage their sled together. We decided to set up the snowdrift track, as it is not really too difficult for first time players.

The race began with Alessandro and Marco C in the lead at the first corner, with me and the two girls close behind and Marco P trailing. Marco C however began to accumulate damage and soon had two dent cards in hand.

The first U-turn saw several collisions between sleds, as the drivers tried not to enter the turn with too much speed and used their opponents to slow forcefully down their dogs. The girls were first at the exit of the U-turn, with Marco C close behind and me overtaking Alessandro thanks to a sharp turn to the right that cut into his trajectory.

Marco P used the balanced sled bonus (+5 squares!) to get at the second U-turn level with me and Alessandro, while the girls were far ahead and Marco C took yet another dent in the U-turn. Approaching the snow drift, Alessandro and Marco P didn't manage to get enough to the left side of the track and had to slow down for fear of crashing their sleds.

The girls managed without problems the last corner for an easy win, while Marco C with his damaged sled didn't have the right cards to get into the corner at adequate speed and I was able to overtake him with a mad drift to the right exiting the last corner just passing the finish line and avoiding crashing into the side of the track. Marco C came third and Alessandro fourth. Marco P, when he saw that he couldn't escape the last place, decided to enter the last corner at mad speed and destroyed his sled (sore loser! ).

All of the players enjoyed the game immensely, even Irene who didn't like it very much the first time she tried it (maybe because this time she won laugh ?). At the moment it would seem that it surely will be played many more times in my gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My pre-order copy should be making it's way here now...

EDIT: it's been delayed due to lack of packing materials, apparently cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.