United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does using a Senator card in the "Election of the First Consul" phase of the game tap it (so that it would not be available for use in either the building phase or great works phase of the game)?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
nope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I think that I have been playing that wrong. This will definitely change the way I have been playing (and teaching) the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
You only tap cards during the "building phase" (or phase III). So i can confirm you it does change many things !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Following on this question -- must you have a Senator or can you vote strictly with money? We assumed you must have at least one face up Senator, i.e., you can't offer bribes if you don't have a Senator to work for you.

This situation can come up if you have no Senators at the beginning of the game or no face up ones after a Christian persecution event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
You can offer money even if you don't have any senator.

The purpose here is not really to bribe senators (since they already work for you), but to use your wealth to gain power. With the senators, you use your connections, to gain power...

Regards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Karis wrote:
You can offer money even if you don't have any senator.

The purpose here is not really to bribe senators (since they already work for you), but to use your wealth to gain power. With the senators, you use your connections, to gain power...

Regards,
Cyril

OK, thanks. We thought you needed your Senator to bribe other Senators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.