Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wife and I are looking for folks in Loveland, CO to game. We have a decent collection of games. Some of our favorites are Arkham Horror, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, Pandemic, Shadows over Camelot, Fury Of Dracula, Wits and Wagers plus many others. She likes cooperative games and I'll play just about anything. We recently moved here and so far haven't found many gamers.

We have a 16 month boy that keeps us at home for the most part, but we have a large gaming area and are very friendly. Anyone interested in joining us for an occasional game please GeekMail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
We recently moved here and so far haven't found many gamers.

You're not trying hard enough! There are TONS of us around here.

Seriously, though, there's a group of us that plays at Gryphon Games just up the road in Fort Collins. It's every Tuesday night from 5 to 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
My Wife and I are looking for folks in Loveland, CO to game. We have a decent collection of games. Some of our favorites are Arkham Horror, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, Pandemic, Shadows over Camelot, Fury Of Dracula, Wits and Wagers plus many others. She likes cooperative games and I'll play just about anything. We recently moved here and so far haven't found many gamers.

We have a 16 month boy that keeps us at home for the most part, but we have a large gaming area and are very friendly. Anyone interested in joining us for an occasional game please GeekMail me.

As far as I know, these are your pathetically limited options:
- every Tuesday night at Gryphon Games & Comics (gryphongamesandcomics.com)
this group has a habit of making a session geeklist every week. Search BGG for "Northern Colorado" geeklists and you'll see them all.

- every Wednesday night at Gryphon Games & Comics
same place, different people. I think Wednesdays have more of an older game focus but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

- every Sunday at rotating members' houses
different group, I think they have a yahoo! groups list for coordinating.

- 1st and 3rd Saturdays somewhere in Longmont
I've heard tales of such a game group but haven't been there yet. Solamar on BGG is the organizer, I think.

- 1st Saturdays at member's house
The Tuesday night Gryphon group organizes an all-day affair on the first Saturday of every month.

- last Mondays at Catalyst Coffee & Tasting Lounge (catalystcoffee.com)
An event I started a couple months ago with some modest turnout. Typically playing lighter fare as it's kind of a "gateway event." There are session geeklists for this event as well, search geeklists for Catalyst.

Good luck finding some folks to game with. Oh, and welcome to the area! My wife and I like to get out and game but we also have a young child at home (22 months.) Maybe they could keep each other company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bam! Welcome to the area. Alan pretty much has it covered, though Wednesdays are pretty well defunct now (I don't think anyone is still coming on Wednesdays; I was the main one holding it together and opted to stop gaming 2 days in a row a month or two ago). I'm in Berthoud myself, kind of in the middle of everything.

Gryphon's on Tuesdays will definitely be your best bet for general board gaming that's also close by. Should only be about a 20-25 minute drive for you depending on where in Loveland you're at. We play a bit of everything really - specifically from your list, there are definitely several in the group that like AH and Pandemic.

They also run Magic events at Gryphon's pretty regularly; I think they always do the Friday Night Magic stuff as well as some other events. I'm not still actively playing Magic regularly so I'm not sure on the specifics, but you can check the event calendar on their website for M:TG dates/times: http://www.gryphongamesandcomics.com/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Veit
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here in Loveland also. Mostly a wargamer but I may be interested in checking out Pandemic or Shadows over Camelot. Also have an insane amount of Magic cards for trade or sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MadMav wrote:
I'm here in Loveland also. Mostly a wargamer but I may be interested in checking out Pandemic or Shadows over Camelot.

Like I said, we play all sorts of games - there are at least 3-4 people in the Tuesday group that semi-regularly play various wargame titles.

MadMav wrote:
Also have an insane amount of Magic cards for trade or sale.

Who doesn't??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Veit
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean I'm NOT the only one.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.