Kevin Labeeuw
Belgium
Wevelgem
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

if you play a game with, let's say, 4 people. If you take a turn, do you have to place your marker on a suply place or not if you take sypply? Or do you just have to place it on a building?

Bjiwke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During your turn, you do one of two things. Either you move your worker token to a building and execute that action, or you leave your worker token wherever he is and you take a pile of resources off of a dock. Under no circumstances would you place your worker token on the dock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a consequence, it is possible to lock people out (or be locked out) of a building for quite a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only lock out people from your own buildings. Public buildings can be bought to be re-used and the owner of a building can sell it to use it. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
You can only lock out people from your own buildings.

You can lock people out of any player-owned buildings, except their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two special buildings, one that comes with the game, and one that was one of twelve bonus cards available at Essen 08, that let you boot people out of buildings.

Labour Watch let's the player that uses it pay another player to send home their disc from any building and the player that used Labour Watch then moves their disc into the vacated building (paying any neccessary entry fee) and uses that building's power.

The Tabacco Factory lets the player that owns it, during their turn, send home a player disc from any building they own without using an action.

Of course, these are both special buildings so the likelihood of seeing them during a particular game is small as at most five of the 36 special building cards (or 48 if you have the 12 bonus cards) are revealed per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:

Why can't you lock people out of their own buildings? Am I playing wrong???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Casadonte wrote:
ekted wrote:

Why can't you lock people out of their own buildings? Am I playing wrong???

They can always sell the building (which removes any marker there) then use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
They can always sell the building (which removes any marker there) then use it.

Right, but that's not something you'll do on a whim, so in my mind it's an exceptional case. I thought there was some standing rule that you can kick anyone out of your building whenever you want.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy a building with a marker on it, does it stay there? We played that it did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
If you buy a building with a marker on it, does it stay there? We played that it did.

Nope, it gets "sent home" (or whatever the term is that they used).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes it's worth to sell one's building to get its action. So, in the end, you can only block your own buildings or any player's building for any other player but the owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You take a big hit on VPs each time you sell a building, though. So it's only worth doing this if you make more VPs by selling then reusing the building than you would by simply taking a different action. I can imagine it happening only occasionally. For all intents and purposes, once a player's disc is on a building, that building is locked until the player decides to use a different building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you're losing half the VP's, plus later entry fees and any bonuses for symbols. It would have to be a pretty drastic case for me to sell any building just to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phrim wrote:
During your turn, you do one of two things. Either you move your worker token to a building and execute that action, or you leave your worker token wherever he is and you take a pile of resources off of a dock. Under no circumstances would you place your worker token on the dock.

I played a game today where the other players were insistent that you placed your player piece on the offer spaces, thereby blocking for other players until moved. I was told that this was the way it was played at Essen...

Any views?

Is the above response correct ... ie you only put your player piece in buildings ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrigley wrote:
Phrim wrote:

I played a game today where the other players were insistent that you placed your player piece on the offer spaces, thereby blocking for other players until moved. I was told that this was the way it was played at Essen...

Any views?

Is the above response correct ... ie you only put your player piece in buildings ?

It's correct, you only put your player piece in buildings. There is no need to put your player piece in the offer spaces like you did with Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Miehe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrigley wrote:

Yes, it is correct. You can even browse the links of the BGG-page of Le Havre to find the video where Uwe explains the game to see that he plays it this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Super ! many thanks for the quick responses!
It made the feel of the game totally different playing the other way - as buildings freed-up quite quickly whenever a player moved his piece back to the docks to pick up resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.