Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Filip
Canada
New Westminster
BC
flag msg tools
badge
1) What exactly does it mean that Gorg can "pick up" rubble tokens? Or to be more precise, does his attack originate from the initial position of the rubble marker or from any space on Gorg figure? We ruled second option as it seems within the rules of picking up objects.

2) Can you dodge his special rock throwing attack? By the rules, it is not an attack per se, so you couldn't. However it is not specified exactly what it IS, besides not being a normal attack, so aplying common sense, this attack is just a range attack with a red die for damage so I would vote you can dodge it.

3) And a final question, just for the fun of it: What happens if Gorg throws the rock outside the limits of the map and a figure is standing near the exit point? Or if the rubble token falls on another obstacle/token. Or a glyph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a lot of these same questions. I can't speak for the Original Intent(tm) of the designers, but here is what we did. :)

1. We ruled that once Gorg "picks up" the rubble token, it is then off the map and in his possession, therefore initial position of the rubble token is meaningless. Gorg can originate the attack from any space he occupies.

2. I think we ruled that it could not be dodged, though I could see room for argument either way.

3. We ruled that any throws that would have gone out of bounds, will instead hit the wall and end their movement there, crushing whatever is in that space. (STAY AWAY FROM THE WALLS!) :D If the rubble token were to end its movement on the exit point, glyph, or other obstacle, we would instead move it to an empty space (i.e. containing no obstacles or figures) -- if there was no empty space adjacent, then to a space containing a figure, which would be considered crushed. (Muahaha!) :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkwombat wrote:
We had a lot of these same questions. I can't speak for the Original Intent(tm) of the designers, but here is what we did.

1. We ruled that once Gorg "picks up" the rubble token, it is then off the map and in his possession, therefore initial position of the rubble token is meaningless. Gorg can originate the attack from any space he occupies.

2. I think we ruled that it could not be dodged, though I could see room for argument either way.

3. We ruled that any throws that would have gone out of bounds, will instead hit the wall and end their movement there, crushing whatever is in that space. (STAY AWAY FROM THE WALLS!) If the rubble token were to end its movement on the exit point, glyph, or other obstacle, we would instead move it to an empty space (i.e. containing no obstacles or figures) -- if there was no empty space adjacent, then to a space containing a figure, which would be considered crushed. (Muahaha!)

Likewise, the same questions came up for us...

1. We ruled that the rubble token was 'thrown' by moving it from its original location the number of spaces indicated in a straight line (along one of the 8 cardinal directions only). This makes the rubble throwing a little less flexible and has the interesting side effect that Gorg could, if throwing the rubble across his body, fumble it and drop it on himself! OL beware!
It does have the bonus of being as simple and direct an application of the described rules as possible.

2. We rules it could be dodged, as it is an attack IIRC. THis merely increases the chance of Gorg fumbling the ball, so he must pick targets with care...

3. We ruled that if the rubble hit an obstruction (wall, other rubble) it stopped in the last available square in the line it had travelled (again, heroes shouldn't be skulking around the walls). If it landed on a glyph or chest it first hit any character on that spot then bounced past it if possible, or directly back if not possible. This created an interesting situation at the corner glyph near the runelocked door where a series of crushing blocks and boulders meant that there was a very high chance of Gorg hitting any hero who tried to use the glyph (there just weren't many spaces to stand on near the glyph and most of them were places that another thrown rubble would have to end).

In the end the lack of clarity in this section means you can pretty much do what you like. Our rules gave some extra strength to Gorg, some reduced flexibility and increased risk, and some humourous possibilities as well. I didn't agree completely with all decisions but these are AFAICR what we used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.