Subject: Should I pay twice for senator in the first turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pawel Skierczynski
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's final phase and I want to add senator property from my hand into my corporation.

So during (1 - dismissals and contracts) I play my property paying it's cost.

Now if it was a character I wouldn't pay him until (3 - payments).
If it was normal property which are payed only once I wouldn't have to pay for it during (3 - payments).

But it's property that I have to pay for every turn during (3 - payments).

So should I pay for it during this turn even though I have payed for it a few seconds earlier...

Or is it excluded because I have to pay for it only once per turn (sounds reasonable but there is nothing about it in rulebook)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marta Cervera
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The right answer is
Quote:
Or is it excluded because I have to pay for it only once per turn (sounds reasonable but there is nothing about it in rulebook)

In fact, you can buy properties in your hand in Payments phase (as it says "Players pay the salaries and expenses of the properties... that have cost" -even the ones that have an ONLY ONE PAYMENT cost and are still in your hand- and "Those properties... wich the players dont want to pay should be discarded" ). Again, if it is not clear, it is all my fault. Of course, the best moment to bribe your senator (or activate the card) is immediately before you want his/her help for your Major Project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Skierczynski
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it is clear now and sounds reasonable.

What You've said really does matter, because one can get extra money during 2 - Incomes and buy something during 3 - Payments before discarding hand.

If 1 - Dismissals and contracts was the last moment to play cards from hand (as I initially thought) it would be more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcoIris wrote:
The right answer is
Quote:

In fact, you can buy properties in your hand in Payments phase (as it says "Players pay the salaries and expenses of the properties... that have cost" -even the ones that have an ONLY ONE PAYMENT cost and are still in your hand- and "Those properties... wich the players dont want to pay should be discarded" ). Again, if it is not clear, it is all my fault. Of course, the best moment to bribe your senator (or activate the card) is immediately before you want his/her help for your Major Project.

Can you further clarify this,
Do properties only need to be paid for once in any turn,
For example if I win a property in zone one, and pay for it immediately,
do I need to pay for that property again in the payments phase at the end of that turn??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too late to the party, but I would disagree here:

First and foremost, I do not see it mentioned in the rules that you can buy a Property at any time - only twice during a Turn:
- when you receive it as a reward from a Confrontation
- in Phase 3 Step 1 - DISMISSALS AND CONTRACTS, from your hand

There are two Property types - those which are paid 1x per game (most of them, they have the "1X" symbol next to the red Money value) and those which are paid each Turn (the Agreements with Politicians for all I know).

The Agreements with Politicians would logically be paid during Phase 3 Step 3 - PAYMENTS each Turn, as Characters are, even if they would enter the game after a win in a Confrontation.

The other Properties are only paid once entering the game under your Corporation, so either after a Confrontation or in Phase 3 Step 1.

Does the logic agree with me, i.e. can I write such into my Rules rewrite?

EDIT:
The wording "players pay for Characters and Properties having a cost" might indeed be poorly executed and it might have meant: "Even in step 3 players may introduce new Characters or Properties from their hands after receiving income in Step 2 and they simultaneously pay the Salaries and Expenses for these Characters and Properties, as well as any regular payments for all of their Characters and Properties requiring upkeep each Turn."

With this I might settle for the possibility to buy new Characters and Properties even in Step 3, but to me it seems more logical to limit the possibility just for "after Confrontation" and "during Step 1 in the Final Phase", as the player can sort of pre-calculate if he will have enough to pay for a perpetual Character or a Property in Step 3, which he introduced earlier in the Turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.