Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can charles use his ability more than once per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, but I would hope it's limited to one activation per turn. Otherwise, Charles would be able to wait until any two characters are dead, then fully unload a flurry of attacks (up to 6 if he's undamaged) on the nearest person. With an average damage of 2 per attack (1.83 to be more accurate), this is enough to kill most other characters -- effectively turning the winning condition of Charles into "You're probably going to win when two other characters die."

Sounds awfully powerful to me. Then again, if his flurry of attacks fails to kill his intended victim, then he sits revealed and helpless with only a point or two of life left -- so maybe it balances out.

Anyone have a definitive answer on this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark N
United States
California
flag msg tools
My instincts are that being able to attack for every two points of damage you don't have might be overpowered as well since it puts you in range to finish off almost anyone. However you could only do it a maximum of 5 times and that's if you took no damage, realistically you might get to use it 3-4 times as opposed to just two. Any official word?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark N
United States
California
flag msg tools
I emailed this to Zev and this is what he said

Quote:
Charles's special ability says he may take two damage to attack the same character again. Does that mean you can attack twice on a turn with that ability, or that he can attack any number of times as long as he has the HP to spare? For example, if he has 2 damage, can he attack someone, take two damage to attack again, and then continue taking damage to keep attacking as long as he has health to spare? In that case, he could have as many as 4 attacks in a row if the rule is interpreted that way.

***Zev: I would say as long as he can pay for the ability he can keep doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.