Max
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

I really like the game, already played the first 2 firefights over at a friends house. The russians really had a hard time!

Now I want to get my own copy.
I live in Germany and can't decide between the english and the german version. I bought Tide of Iron in english, so the language is not the problem. The german version, I guess, would more appeal to some friends of mine.
But the english version would be with all the corrections found in the first printing. Also I fear, that Academy Games some day drop the support for Germany and won't release their following titles in german.
The german version is a bit pricier, but not much.

So, do you have an suggestions for me, or even own the german version and tell me something about errors on cards? And if you live in Germany, do you know a good online shop where to get it?

Thanks in advance!

Max (from Cologne, Germany)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a few extra dollars you could buy the game in one language, and then buy the cards separately for the other language, and have both.

I have no say on the matter, but I really doubt that the German support will be going away any time soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may make your decision easier if you know that Uwe told me English and German components would be interchangeable, so you could add English components to a German game if an extension would not be available here. And Pat Braun of Phalanx said the Phalanx was committed to publish everything in German. In the end, I made the decision to go for English, but the main reason was impatience. BTW, the errors even in the first English edition were minimal, and I think it is sold out anyway.
I got my copy from www.magierspiele.de, but they are currently out of stock, and they raised the price after the first sales run.
Lutz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows when the reprint is due in Germany ?

I constantly get messages from spiele-offensive.de telling me that shipping is delayed for another time Others speaking of having it in stock again in mid-November.

Is that still up to date or is there additional delay ?

I dont care for language version either, whichever can be delivered first.
After browsing and reading through this board, I'm dying to play this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed that at magierspiele.de they just added the German version to their stock within the hour !

English reprint still out of stock there according to latest information.

So if spiele-offensive doesnt notify me with delivery today I'm gonna cancel that and switch to German version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
Germany
flag msg tools
Just ordered the german version from magierspiele.de, they just got it this morning, but don't happen to have the english version.
At phalanxgames.de you can order either german, english or the swam map, they have everything in stock.
By the way, if any german player, located in Cologne or its surounding, wants to play a game of CoH, write me a PM.
I hope to get my game on Friday!

Max

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Max,
The German version has all of the corrections that were part of the English second printing.
This includes the action cards, etc.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Riener
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
Max,
The German version has all of the corrections that were part of the English second printing.
This includes the action cards, etc.
Uwe

Any chance that those 2 cards might find their way as replacements into the upcomming 2nd module?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.