• [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a very cool post. Man, I don't really need another A&A, but the Anniversary Edition sounds and looks so darn cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very informative preview; thanks for the link.

I'm particularly happy about the strategic-bombing and AA changes, the reduction in subs' defense (especially in light of their new affordability) and some of the new Research abilities.

Plays of A&A:A will be epic, to be sure.

Can anyone shed more light on the "cards" Larry mentioned which were eliminated from the R&D area? Were they simply memory aids confirming that a particular R&D advancement was in the player's possession?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cinotti
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the defenseless transports...makes sense. I once decimated a US fleet with 6 transports and constant shouts of "Fishnets Away!"

I am still waiting for my set to arrive, but seems like they took some of the cheesier stuff out. AAA popshots at passing planes was always a bit unrealistic. I can't wait for it to arrive! drool...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Can anyone shed more light on the "cards" Larry mentioned which were eliminated from the R&D area? Were they simply memory aids confirming that a particular R&D advancement was in the player's possession?

The "Weapons Development" header on that section is a typo, as the real section on that topic is farther down. What he's talking about there are the Marshaling Circles and accompanying cards that allowed you to replace large armies on the board with a marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Sergerie
Canada
La Prairie
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapons development: What I like is that you buy research tokens. You roll as many dice as you have tokens. If you fail your research (i.e. not getting "6"), you keep your research token. So, if you are unlucky, you can always try again another turn, without wasting money. Unless I misunderstood...

The play order has been changed. The Allies won't have to consecutive "turns" (U.S player went 5th and USSR player starts the next turn). One of the Axis players goes first in the turn and the US player goes last.

The National objectives are pretty easier to get for the Allies (ex: the US gets +5 IPC if the Allies controls all of Western US, Central US, Eastern US: that's pretty much a given). I miss the National Advantages from the previous version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.