Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know at the moment, but I'll be able to tell you when I get home and open my box from BoardsAndBits.com...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Contents are described in the rules:

http://www.michaelschacht.net/p/XXLUS.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they do describe the contents, but don't really tell you what all the tiles are...

And it's essentially "more"... more animals, more offspring... Trucks for the 2-player game, and some zoo tiles for a variant.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the new trucks solid gold or something? Only the UK price is £29 - which is rather more than the base game was a couple of months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get one expansion each for Zooloretto and Aquaretto, each of which seems to have as its core design goal extending the length of the game somewhat. There are additional tiles of all of the usual animal types to use in such an extended game; there are no new animal types.

The Zooloretto expansion makes room for the additional animal drafts by giving you the ability to score extra points by clearing out a full enclosure, with the idea that you are shipping that particular exhibit to another zoo. The other zoos are represented by good-sized scoring chits which form a stack of decreasing value (rather in the manner of scoring in Thurn and Taxis, for example).

The Aquaretto expansion makes room for the additional animal drafts by adding a single first-come first-served 5-space expansion board. Also, unlike the above, it adds a new type of tile to the draft that doesn't take space in the zoo.

So, for Zooloretto you get 6 each of the usual 8 animal types, plus 8 more offspring tiles, 12 more coins, and the ten "other zoo" chits. For Aquaretto you get just 1 more of each animal type, 12 of these new "supply" tiles, 2 new coin tiles, the 5-space expansion board, and 12 more coins.

That stuff, plus the 1-space and 2-space wooden trucks and the expansion rules, are what's in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The small expansions are still being marketed separately, at least here in the U.S., so this is just a big expansion for super-sizing your Zooloretto and Aquaretto games. Since this is an expansion, it is not being published in the same large quantities as its parent game, and due to the economics of scale, it must be sold at a higher cost than one would normally expect, considering the components included. This is, unfortunately, expected.

The rules available on Michael Schacht's site appear to be the final PDF of the English rulebook. It would appear that the game is lengthened somewhat by the inclusion of more animals of the existing types. Twice during the game each player has the chance to sell off completed enclosures to other zoos, taking a point tile to be scored at the end of the game. This introduces some interesting new tensions to the game.

The Aquaretto expansion includes an extra-large expansion that can be purchased to increase the size of your aqua zoo, as well as new supply tiles. These tiles are kept off-board until game end, and then one either gains two points if all basins are supplied, or lose a point for each basin unsupplied. In the case of playing Zooloretto and Aquaretto together, the supply tiles are used for both parks, with each tile supplying one enclosure and one basin. Again, interesting dynamics without significantly altering the flow of the game, just marginally lengthening it and adding in a bit of variety and strategy.

I may pick it up, but currently am still on the fence. If I get Aquaretto, then this will move up in significance for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
Contents are described in the rules:

http://www.michaelschacht.net/p/XXLUS.pdf

From the above, for Zooloretto:

8 round offspring tiles with blue backs (1 of each animal type)
54 square tiles with blue backs:
48 animal tiles (6 each of 8 animal types)
3 vending stalls
3 coin tiles
12 coins
10 point tokens for “other zoos”

and for Aquaretto:

22 tiles with brown backs:
8 animal tiles (1 each of 8 animal types),
12 supply tiles, and 2 coin tiles
1 extra-large expansion board
12 coins

I assume these are overlapping components (you don't get 24 coins for example, only 12).

Funagain says:
Weight: 474 grams (1.04 pounds)

compare that to the base game:
Weight: 1,143 grams (2.5 pounds)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.