BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Ottawa Area Gamers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi. I was wondering if there were any Ottawa area gamers (preferably the Westend) looking to play some games (mostly Euros). I see that there are already 2 bi-weekly game groups, however I was looking for something a lot smaller in size (maximum 5 or 6 people) and on Weekends.

Let me know if something like this already exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Not that I know of. I know of a south-end group that meets on sporadic weekends (every 3rd or 4th weekend typically), but it's hosted in an apartment and I think the host's invite list now exceeds his space.

But, excepting if you're volunteering space and acting as host, I don't understand - why are you insistent on a smaller group? I've found breaking the 8-attendee mark is often for the best in terms of player satisfaction - it allows multiple games to be played at once and people to find the game that's best for them, rather than have conflicts of interest when your group is so small everyone has to play the same game, regardless of whether one member is in the mood for light and silly and another in the mood for deep and heavy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in something like this. Let me know if this ends up happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.