Subject: The big cross over into miniatures... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike costante
United States
scotch plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Has anyone tried this as a campaign game with the battles, possibly, fought out with a miniature's game?

MAC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mac616p wrote:
Has anyone tried this as a campaign game with the battles, possibly, fought out with a miniature's game?

MAC

I have not nor do I have the miniatures, but it would be cool...

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Andrews
United Kingdom
Kendal
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is something that I am planning (and investing in right now) - the problem arises with figure scale to ground scale / time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option would be fighting the battles with Histwar:Les Grognards on the PC. The editor is versatile, and miniatures fans love the new 1:1 representation of soldiers on the 3d battlefields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Quinn
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the process of doing just that. I tried it half a year back with Zucker's Arcole. I played a miniatures battle 'generated' by my manuevering on the Arcole map. I am currently working on doing this with The Habit of Victory. It is my thinking that this will work even better at the 2X scale than the 1X.

I use Napoleon's Battles by Avalon Hill, which is being re-released (Partizan Press) as a matter of fact. Each HoV strength point represents approx.:1) a 24 figure inf brigade 2) 3x 12 figure cav brigades, and 3) 4x art batteries.

I hope to shortly post the full conversion rules to the files for both HoV and NB.

Jimmy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Quinn
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correction: each artillery strength point would translate to 6x 12 pound batteries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.