Dragon Hordes: Warriors Expansion» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
flag msg tools
Because Kevin got this game directly from Alan Moon himself I am able to submit the 1st session report!

This was a 6-player game and the 1st time any of us played the game.

The 1st round we all tried to build an army with races we had the most cards for. Pete locked up the DRAGONS early with 4 of the critters but not much in the way of armies. When attacking, everyone picked on the easiest targets and pretty much whittled down the 1 and 2 card armies.

On the 2nd round players reinforced their largest army and tried protecting them with Wizards. The Wizards fell to many rocks being hurled at them from catapults leaving their armies vulnerable. Mike's BARBARIANS were eliminated from the field leaving my GOBLIN army 2nd to Pete's DRAGONS. Ben fielded a mighty ELVEN army, Miss Panda had TROLLS, Kevin was right at home with his UNDEAD army while Mike was left with a couple of DRAGONS.

As the 3rd round began alliances were formed and total chaos ensued! Everyone tried putting out BARBARIANS as targets to keep their main army safe but so many catapults were on the table that everyone was vulnerable. Mike's meager armies were crushed by Kevin's cavalry. Other player's took shots with catapults eliminating all the small armies. Kevin's UNDEAD army was decimated when attacking me and finished off by me and the other players. Mike was the last to attack and wiped out my 6-strong GOBLIN army that only managed to remove all the breath's from his DRAGON. His alliance to Miss Panda was now obvious as he had no chance to win and decided to play Kingmaker. In the last attack of the game Mike decided to rub salt into my wounds and left Miss Panda and Ben alone (he likes them) to attack my lone DRAGON mano-a-mano. The dice Gods finally blessed me with a decent roll and Mike's DRAGON fell to mine, much to his chagrin (don't challenge a firefighter to a fire duel!).

Pete: DRAGON army = 12 vp's + 18 card vp's = 30 total
Ben: ELVEN army = 8 vp's + 22 card vp's = 30 total
Jimzik: 30 card vp's = 30 total
Miss Panda: TROLL army = 7 VP'S + 22 card vp's = 29 total
Kevin: 24 card vp's = 24 total
Mike: 14 card vp's = 14 total

It was a 3-way tie and the tie-breaker is who has the most Card VP's so JIMZIK WINS! How ironic that Mike's failed coup-de-grace against me gave me the victory. yuk

This game was fast, easy to learn and another winner from Mr. Moon. I plan on buying it as soon as it's available.

p.s. I had the results spaced perfectly but it jams together when submitted.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.