Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received a surprise set of Generals in a trade and I am wanting to paint them. I would like to remove the Generals from their bases in order to prime and spray the bases either red or blue. Does anybody know of a good way to do this? I tried just prying them off of their bases (as one General came already detached) but I broke the foot off of one of them trying that! Is there a solvent or something that might work? Also, what kind of glue would you suggest to reattach them once painted?

Thanks

TGov

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sykes
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could help, but all of my generals except one had already fallen off their bases when they arrived
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I have detached the few that were still glued to their bases with an Xacto knife, just put the blade at the point of contact between the feet and the base and press a little bit. But mine were almost detached already, it was not very hard...

I will re-glue them with standard superglue, once painted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of thinking that they have already been glued by somebody else. The guy I got them from got them in a trade and didn't want them. I will try the Xacto knife thing, that might work.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Careful application of heat via blow dryer might help with the loosening process prior to putting them under the knife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.