nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
1. If I gain a hero and haven't got any left in the counter mix is the gain forfeited?

2. The inner sleeve to Not One Step Back says I can't stack gold Soviet line units with red Guard units (with the exception of the commissar and the nurse). Does that mean guards can't stack with T34s, KV1s etc (which are all gold)? Probably not but I thought I'd ask. (OK. I know this applies to NOSB and not to BoH but I figured that you are a friendly bunch and won't hold it against me.)

3. What is the point of those pesky tank crews? Is it just that there is an off chance of them getting their arses in gear in two game-turns time and killing somebody?

More soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. If I gain a hero and haven't got any left in the counter mix is the gain forfeited?

yes

Quote:
2. The inner sleeve to Not One Step Back says I can't stack gold Soviet line units with red Guard units (with the exception of the commissar and the nurse). Does that mean guards can't stack with T34s, KV1s etc (which are all gold)? Probably not but I thought I'd ask. (OK. I know this applies to NOSB and not to BoH but I figured that you are a friendly bunch and won't hold it against me.)

I apply this only to MMCs, not vehicles.

Quote:
3. What is the point of those pesky tank crews? Is it just that there is an off chance of them getting their arses in gear in two game-turns time and killing somebody?

In theory, they could help / hurt chances for victory as they can be killed, or take a VP hex for example, if ignored. Honestly - I don't like them all that much as they don't (in my opinion) add anything to gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Riener
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Heroes-question; quoting from the rules:

"There may be only two heroes per nation on the board at any time"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Thanks Gentlemen. I thought I recalled that Hero limit somewhere but couldn't find it and wasn't sure. The tank crews could take a V-hex...hmm. I hadn't thought of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Pete Atack wrote:
In theory, they could help / hurt chances for victory as they can be killed, or take a VP hex for example, if ignored. Honestly - I don't like them all that much as they don't (in my opinion) add anything to gameplay.

We had just this happen in one game recently where my panzerfaust guys managed to create two tank crews. I had to worry about one gaining a victory point and the other was in a position to melee my panzerfaust leader guy next turn. Neither crew was shaken either. It was touch an go there so you have to watch those crews.

We've considered house rules about them, but never set them to paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.