Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just my cat, or do all cats prefer toilette water to clean tap water?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that the quality of clean tap water is quickly approaching the quality of toilet water. Cats are just ahead of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why a friend of ours named her cat 'John'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
It seems to me that the quality of clean tap water is quickly approaching the quality of toilet water. Cats are just ahead of the game.

Ah, but you're forgetting that toilette water is really just tap water, with a twist of anus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a cat that only drank from the swimming pool. I think it was because the other cat would hunt chipmunks and drop them in the pool to watch them drown. It must have made the swimming pool taste like chipmunk tea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that cats prefer to drink fresh water, or water in motion. People often flush the toilet far more than they replace the water in the cat dish. Some cats flush the toilet themselves to get not only fresh water but also water in motion. Cats that drink out of toilets will be the same ones you will find drinking water out of dripping taps. I got my cat a water fountain and she now will only drink from that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they just like to smell nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What's worst is cats who like to stand at the toilet when I'm standing there using the toilet for what it's meant to be used for.

I also had a cat that loved to watch the toilet when it was flushed; so much that it would run from the other side of the house whenever it heard the toilet flush. That was a disturbed kitty; it also jumped into the tub once because it curious why it was being filled. I never saw anything walk* on water until that day.

* - I probably should have put run here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Growing up, my cat preferred to drink water left in the tub after a shower was just taken. She would actually wait outside the bathroom door while I showered so she could jump into the tub and drink the water as soon as the door opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
Growing up, my cat preferred to drink water left in the tub after a shower was just taken.

Because it was Aaron-flavored. Be afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
Aarontu wrote:
Growing up, my cat preferred to drink water left in the tub after a shower was just taken.

Because it was Aaron-flavored. Be afraid.

Oh, I am.

surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Is it just my cat, or do all cats prefer toilette water to clean tap water?

They're just celebrating World Toilet Day! Now get your face in there and have a drink along with them to join in the festivities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That cat has been reincarnated into my cat. This is the same weirdo who cries heavily when I'm holding a rubber band, jumped on my stomach while I was sleeping (see story), and likes to spin around in a chair like it's at the fair.

Aarontu wrote:
Growing up, my cat preferred to drink water left in the tub after a shower was just taken. She would actually wait outside the bathroom door while I showered so she could jump into the tub and drink the water as soon as the door opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My cats get their water fountain (yes Water FOUNTAIN) refilled from a Brita pitcher.

They love it and the fountain keeps the water aerated.

Heh, my dog still prefers water from the tap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.