United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
Hello,

King Friday and I are planning on attending U Con this weekend in Ann Arbor and are planning on bringing a bunch of Ameritrash to play. Currently we will also have another friend along with us, so that makes three, and we were wondering if anyone would be interested in playing any of the following:

Battlestar Galactica
Cave Troll
Cutthroat Caverns
Dragon Dice
Drakon
Escape From Colditz
Light Speed
Mutant Chronicles: Seige of the Citadel ***
Mwahahahaha
Pirate’s Plunder
Yettisburg
Scripts & Scribes
Charioteer ***
Slush Fund
Nexus Ops
Monsters Menace America ***
Cosmic Encounter ***
Acquire
Infernal Contraption
Taluva
Citadels
Fury of Dracula ***

*** = Games that will take precedent.

If you are interested send me a geekmail, and we can arrange to meet up for a game.

Thanks,
LA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Zombie in my Pocket game that I'm running at 9pm, but if I get out of that early (or if it doesn't have enough to run), I'll be around to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
Jeremiah,

King Friday, and I will be in one of your Dune games this weekend, and I was hoping to get in on the ZimP multiplayer at the Con. Hopefully you can join us for others.

Anything in particular that you would be interested in playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lastalchemist wrote:
Anything in particular that you would be interested in playing?
I'd especially like to play Cosmic Encounter, and Lightspeed, but really, anything is good for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cockrell
United States
Sault Ste. Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BLAST! Why am I only hearing about this now!!! I need to sign up for this convention, it seems as though its a little more exiting than Pentacon which has sadly been a letdown the past couple of years cry Anyways, if you all are going to any other conventions I have no clue about OR if your planning a good game night in the lower-esque Michigan area I can bring my fantastical copy of Betrayal at House on the Hill! *among others of course*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there on Saturday running Viktory II (including a discount voucher for anyone who wants to order it). Stop by and say hello!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This displaced Wolverine is bummed he can't attend. I remember attending and working U Conn in the 80s and 90s when I was as student and worked at Rider's Hobby Shop in the game department.

Someone spin the Cube for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to get in a game or two. I'm running my annual tournament of abstracts Saturday afternoon, and other times during the weekend I have to arrange with my wife (so she gets time to play and I get time with our kids). Will you be setting up a table in either the U Club room or the ballroom for open gaming or what?

Clark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
Gorfinger wrote:
BLAST! Why am I only hearing about this now!!! I need to sign up for this convention, it seems as though its a little more exiting than Pentacon which has sadly been a letdown the past couple of years cry Anyways, if you all are going to any other conventions I have no clue about OR if your planning a good game night in the lower-esque Michigan area I can bring my fantastical copy of Betrayal at House on the Hill! *among others of course*

Hey Jay,

I am pretty sure the convention still has open spots, and you should be able to by day passes at the door.

LA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
bryanwinter wrote:
This displaced Wolverine is bummed he can't attend. I remember attending and working U Conn in the 80s and 90s when I was as student and worked at Rider's Hobby Shop in the game department.

Hey Bryan,

I have heard many tales told by King Friday regarding the Ryder Hobby Shop. Hopefully we will be able to get together at GenCon next year and get some games in.

LA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
CDRodeffer wrote:
I'd love to get in a game or two. I'm running my annual tournament of abstracts Saturday afternoon, and other times during the weekend I have to arrange with my wife (so she gets time to play and I get time with our kids). Will you be setting up a table in either the U Club room or the ballroom for open gaming or what?

Clark

Hey Clark,

Not sure yet, probably where ever we can find free space so take a look around. Hopefully you will have some free time to join us.

LA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viktory II Link (not sure where they are putting me):

http://www.ucon-gaming.org/events/db/view.php?id_event=1914

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention...there's a relatively new (last year or two) game store near U of M...Get Your Game On.

Caters to Magic players, but 2nd biggest local boardgame selection (RIW in Livonia has more). He's got a lot of the BGG top games, stuff I hadn't seen on the shelf elsewhere. Khet, St. Petersburg, etc.

Worth your visit & support. At Packard and State, if memory serves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Whitcher
United States
Manchester
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvinarcik wrote:
I forgot to mention...there's a relatively new (last year or two) game store near U of M...Get Your Game On.

Caters to Magic players, but 2nd biggest local boardgame selection (RIW in Livonia has more). He's got a lot of the BGG top games, stuff I hadn't seen on the shelf elsewhere. Khet, St. Petersburg, etc.

Worth your visit & support. At Packard and State, if memory serves.

Get Your Game on should have a booth in the exhibitors area. And don't forget to drop by the Mayfair room and say hi or maybe even play a game surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael confoy
United States
ASHBURN
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And for all that indulge, its only a $50 fine, never really enforced, for 1 oz or less in Ann Arbor (always written as an A raised to the second power in AA).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I sit in San Diego with a ton of work to do this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, you'll be able to identify me by my badge labeled BGG King Friday. If you see me or Last Alchemist, feel free to join in our games. We'll be in the ballroom open gaming most of Saturday and Sunday.

Yo, Bryan! I'll make sure to give you a shout out when we play Mutant Chronicles!

And, of course I'll spin the Cube for you. Clockwise or Time Travel direction?

-KF-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
I'd especially like to play Cosmic Encounter

Be forewarned, I've got the AH version (unless my FFG pre-order shows up before the weekend!). Still a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King Friday wrote:
Be forewarned, I've got the AH version (unless my FFG pre-order shows up before the weekend!). Still a lot of fun.
So do I, but I've yet to read the rules anyway. I'll get on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
King Friday wrote:
So do I, but I've yet to read the rules anyway. I'll get on that.
Read rules, ready to play. I have Diplomacy at 10am today, a seminar to run at 5pm about ZimP, and another ZimP game at 8pm. Maybe we can fit a game in between some others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lastalchemist wrote:
bryanwinter wrote:

Hey Bryan,

I have heard many tales told by King Friday regarding the Ryder Hobby Shop. Hopefully we will be able to get together at GenCon next year and get some games in.

LA

King Friday was the Best Man at my wedding. :-)

Hi Matt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King Friday wrote:
BTW, you'll be able to identify me by my badge labeled BGG King Friday. If you see me or Last Alchemist, feel free to join in our games. We'll be in the ballroom open gaming most of Saturday and Sunday.

Yo, Bryan! I'll make sure to give you a shout out when we play Mutant Chronicles!

And, of course I'll spin the Cube for you. Clockwise or Time Travel direction?

-KF-

Hmmm... Clockwise. (sigh)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.