Popular Tags: useful_aid [+] [View All]
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added some features to my random card selector which is hosted here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/36642

You can use it to select one of the pre-built suggested decks, or select ten random kingdoms.
Two types of random: Normal random, and BSW random(four 2-3 cost cards, six 4-6 cost cards)

You can then sort by name, cost, additional treasure, actions, and buys.
And view stats relative to the full deck.

Also you can view all 25 kingdoms at once and do the same sorting on all them as well.

This was fun to write, and I'm open to adding anything useful to it. Suggestions, enhancements, feedback, criticism, even thumbs and GG tips all welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kingdom Sleector / Card analyzer
One suggestion - please don't make the mouse-over'ed cards so large. It readjusts the layout, and is really annoying. Sure, highlight it, but changing the size (especially by such a hug amount) makes it a pain to navigate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
One suggestion - please don't make the mouse-over'ed cards so large. It readjusts the layout, and is really annoying. Sure, highlight it, but changing the size (especially by such a hug amount) makes it a pain to navigate.

Good call.

How about a zoom-in on a mouse click of the card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I probably wouldn't bother. The cards are legible at the smaller size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
Actually, I probably wouldn't bother. The cards are legible at the smaller size.

Ok, turned off by default.

Anything else to add before I upload a newer version?

Perhaps there's some other good prebuilt deck suggestions I can list?

I'm thinking I'll add the card comments from the manual as tool tips on the cards. Only will be visible on hovering and won't do any zooming effect.

edit: I just went with the card text as the tooltip on hover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This works on pretty well on mobile devices (tested on ipod touch, android).

Has me sorta thinking about making a single player Dominion with very simple AI all in one html file like with this kingdom selector thing.

I know about BSW, but unfortunately my mobile devices have no applet support.

Is this something I need to ask permission to do first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New version available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool if it displayed the cards sorted by cost. That's how we lay it out when playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorque wrote:
It would be cool if it displayed the cards sorted by cost. That's how we lay it out when playing.

The new one does. Make sure to click the link with the most recent deckbuild.html

After selecting a pre-built or random deck and clicking the dislplay kingdoms button, you can sort by cost, treasure, actions, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
iPhone app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
iPhone app?

Actually, I'm more of a google android guy since I own the tmobile G1. I like that its open source and anyone can develop for it on any platform for free.

That said, this little deck selector works fine on the iPhone or google phone just by hitting the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job on implementing the shuffle correctly. It's an easy thing to get wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirkwb
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great, monteslu!

Do you think you can make one with the Envoy card included?

We've proxied it up and are playing with it regularly in live games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonja wrote:
How about a text-only mode for those of us using tiny netbooks? I don't need the images of cards, just the names of the cards.

I didn't realize that BSW random was not really just random 10! Wonder why they did it that way.

It would be nice to have the dropdown menu on "random" by default, with autogenerated results. Just open the page and read off the cards, instead of having to click click and then click.

Sonja

Edit: Oh, and can you make the sort order default to "2 to 6" price, since this is the most common way of laying out the cards on the table.

Great suggestions, Sonja. I can do the random default, and sort by price on the next update.

For smaller devices, jjoster's blackberry version might be a better fit for now:

The BSW style selection was news to me until jschlickbernd pointed it out in the comments on the file download. It makes sure to get a mix of high and low priced cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkwb wrote:
This is great, monteslu!

Do you think you can make one with the Envoy card included?

We've proxied it up and are playing with it regularly in live games.

Thanks for the suggestion. Uploaded one last night:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/38535

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stolar
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
instead of different versions a check mark box for including "expansion cards" such as Envoy and the upcoming black market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer S.
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second the request (with variation) for card names as text not just images. Your page works great offline, but mousing over the missing images to see the card names makes it not very usable. While I can use the blackberry designed one, I really like the analysis that you include at the top of the page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
bunjee wrote:
I'll second the request (with variation) for card names as text not just images. Your page works great offline, but mousing over the missing images to see the card names makes it not very usable. While I can use the blackberry designed one, I really like the analysis that you include at the top of the page.
I agree with this. The html as is works fine on the iPhone (iPod Touch). It is just that the images are a bit large and require you to be online. It would be nice to have the option of just naming the cards in alphabetical order. No network connection would be needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NegativeZer0 wrote:
instead of different versions a check mark box for including "expansion cards" such as Envoy and the upcoming black market

I'll get this out as soon as I get my cards in the mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
bunjee wrote:
I agree with this. The html as is works fine on the iPhone (iPod Touch). It is just that the images are a bit large and require you to be online. It would be nice to have the option of just naming the cards in alphabetical order. No network connection would be needed.

I have a google andorid phone and ipod touch. I'm currently trying to figure out the css to make things look like a native iphone app. The same stuff should mostly work on android.

I'll get it posted as soon as I figure it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
Solamar wrote:
bunjee wrote:

I have a google andorid phone and ipod touch. I'm currently trying to figure out the css to make things look like a native iphone app. The same stuff should mostly work on android.

I'll get it posted as soon as I figure it out.
You might consider looking at this thread from Alderon:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/376322

He did some sort of wizardry to make an html page become an iPhone application. Of course the disadvantage is that I think it requires a network connection, which is not ideal. It would be better if it was a standalone html since you can store that on the iPhone in an app like Air Sharing and then run it locally. I am not sure I understand how he got it to act like and application.

(Hmmm. I cannot figure out. It might be available offline as a file. I will give it a try and see if it works.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Snarr
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
Sonja wrote:

I didn't realize that BSW random was not really just random 10! Wonder why they did it that way.

Okay forgive my newbie ignorance... but what is the difference between BSW random and regular random?

By the way... this is a neat randomizer. I had a link to the other one, but I like the options this one provides.

Jennifer (aka audra1010)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
audra1010 wrote:
Okay forgive my newbie ignorance... but what is the difference between BSW random and regular random?

Until about a month ago, the random option on BSW would give 4 cards costing 3 or less and 6 cards costing 4 or more. This option now exists on BSW as "random 4-6", with "random" now allowing all possible combinations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Snarr
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
Lardarse wrote:
audra1010 wrote:

Until about a month ago, the random option on BSW would give 4 cards costing 3 or less and 6 cards costing 4 or more. This option now exists on BSW as "random 4-6", with "random" now allowing all possible combinations.

Thank you for explaining that to me!! I have only been on BSW for the last couple of weeks, so I haven't seen the old version of random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Easy
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all - THANKS!! We love the selector tool round here. I pull it up on the 46" flat panel monitor in the game room. It's not only easy but it's great to be able to view large size cards on the big screen for new players and youngins. enough gushing.

The question is - any plans to update this for intrique? either alone or in combination? I'm gonna head over to the intrique board in a bit but figured i'd see what's a crackin here first.

- J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.