Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Le Havre» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone figured out how to track DHL shipments to the USA from Lookout? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
I used my tracking number on the dhl.de website, which seems to work fine. Except, that mine got an "unsuccessful delivery" result yesterday.

Calls to DHL customer service (based in the US) go nowhere and no one I can talk to seems to have ANY clue how to access information on my package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand DHL passes off to USPS once the package enters the U.S. (and clears customs).

If DHL thinks it had an "unsuccessful deleivery" maybe you should visit your local post office (at least in Canada when delivery of a package is attempted we are supposed to receive a attempted delivery notification and can then pickup the package at a designated postal office).

DHL is most likely getting updates based on info from USPS; that is analogous to how things work when I have shipped items from the States and USPS hands off to Canada Post. When this happens I can actually track from either USPS or Canada Post... you may want to try your tracking number on the USPS tracking site.

At least you have a tracking number... I just have to patiently wait. snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go FC
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
From what I understand DHL passes off to USPS once the package enters the U.S. (and clears customs).

Thats correct. You will have to call USPS, not DHL.

Beside the DHL tracking number the parcel is assigned another code for the USPS system. It is listed as "UPU code / match code" on the DHL tracking site of your parcel (enter it on the USPS page linked above).
From my experience though the information from both systems is identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reimschiissel
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
where did you guys get your tracking number? I got an Email from Hanno stating my parcel was sent and I got a Paypal reciept but no tracking number.

never mind, I did some research and found out the small packages don't have tracking numbers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:

If DHL thinks it had an "unsuccessful deleivery" maybe you should visit your local post office (at least in Canada when delivery of a package is attempted we are supposed to receive a attempted delivery notification and can then pickup the package at a designated postal office).

DHL is most likely getting updates based on info from USPS; that is analogous to how things work when I have shipped items from the States and USPS hands off to Canada Post. When this happens I can actually track from either USPS or Canada Post... you may want to try your tracking number on the USPS tracking site.

At least you have a tracking number... I just have to patiently wait. snore

Ah yes... I saw the UPU Code / Matchcode: number and figured that might how it was being tracked in the USA. Except absolutely NONE of the people I talked to at DHL seemed to have ANY clue about any of the DHL's hand off processes.

I talked to tons of people.
1. First person said my tracking number was invalid, transferred me to...
2. Someone in freight forwarding - they only deal in > 150 pounds.
3. Redialed - they told me dhl.de was not a valid DHL site. (Huh?), transferred me to...
4. Another person in customer service somewhere. I'd have to call Germany.
5. I called the local DHL number - no answer
6. I called the main depot in Wilmington, OH. This guy, unlike any of the others, ACTUALLY tried to be HELPFUL, and gave me some good information about where my package definitely was not, and gave me the ACTUAL number of the local DHL depot...
7. No answer.
8. Another try at customer service for DHL. After telling me that my a)tracking number was not valid, and b)telling me dhl.de was not a DHL website, she chastised me for being rude. Oh... pardon me! I asked her to type in dhl.com, then under "where are you located?" click on Germany and then GO (which brings you to dhl.de, of course). LOL. I then had her enter my tracking number, which lo and behold, was valid! Of course, she still had no clue as to what to do or where my package was, nor did she offer any suggestions.

Of course, using the UPU matchcode, I can track it at USPS. They claim it is at the post office. We'll see. I never got a notice for it.

This should be a geeklist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY! Got mine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DHL is, by far, the worst courier I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I am not surprised by your experience with their customer "service" (read: obfuscation) department.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:
DHL is, by far, the worst courier I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I am not surprised by your experience with their customer "service" (read: obfuscation) department.

Must be why they are getting out of the business in the U.S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go FC
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:

DHL is the common parcel service over here in germany. Never had a cause for complaint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan B.
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gugi wrote:
Gyges wrote:

DHL is the common parcel service over here in germany. Never had a cause for complaint.

Yep, but I think DHL has no own logistic network within the US. In Germany DHL is reliable and quick but I don't know how they are in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario rossi
Italy
flag msg tools
German DHL = SDA in Italy (No good Service)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just searched my e-mail...I don't see any e-mail with a tracking number, but Hanno assured me in a different thread that he remembers my package being shipped.

15 days... (11 if you don't count weekends)

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Miehe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
I just searched my e-mail...I don't see any e-mail with a tracking number, but Hanno assured me in a different thread that he remembers my package being shipped.

Once more: If it's a single LeHavre it's probably a small package which doesn't receive a tracking number.

Good luck on receiving it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:

Jim

I ordered a small package (1 Le Havre and some Vegimeeples) which were shipped on October 30th - exactly 22 days ago (16 business days). Hanno says DHL claims between 3 and 20 business days for delivery. So mine should arrive ANY DAY NOW... (pleeeeze)

What worries me is that I've seen many posts in the "I've Got Mine" thread from parties in the Midwest, South, and farther West who have gotten their copies (most of them shipped after mine) but it seems those of us in NY, Mass, and on the eastern seaboard are still waiting. Why is this? Wouldn't we get them first, theoretically, as NY is probably the entry point for all these packages?

If others from the east have gotten or not gotten their packages, I'd be interested in hearing about it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, after a couple of calls with DHL customer service there's just one think I know:
ask 5 different persons and you get at least 8 different opinions and interpretations.
The guy I hadon the phone today claimed it's not days, but work days, not counting weekends.
Another one told e it's all chaos due to pre-santa shipping madness.

(It could have been the cheapest and fastest solution of all if I would have flown over to the US with all the games, rented a car and hand-delivered them, one by one, even with gas prices that high... maybe next time)

(well - did I say that? "next time"? really? don't believe me.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Threepy wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:

Once more: If it's a single LeHavre it's probably a small package which doesn't receive a tracking number.

Good luck on receiving it soon.

Thanks, but I got that. I wasn't complaining that I didn't have a tracking number, I was just providing more data.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't get DHL website to acknowledge my number, but my package got here!

Thanks for all your hard work, Hanno!

Now I have to find time to play the game.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cayluster wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:

Jim

I ordered a small package (1 Le Havre and some Vegimeeples) which were shipped on October 30th - exactly 22 days ago (16 business days). Hanno says DHL claims between 3 and 20 business days for delivery. So mine should arrive ANY DAY NOW... (pleeeeze)

What worries me is that I've seen many posts in the "I've Got Mine" thread from parties in the Midwest, South, and farther West who have gotten their copies (most of them shipped after mine) but it seems those of us in NY, Mass, and on the eastern seaboard are still waiting. Why is this? Wouldn't we get them first, theoretically, as NY is probably the entry point for all these packages?

If others from the east have gotten or not gotten their packages, I'd be interested in hearing about it...

Day 24 (18 business days) and still waiting... It looks like I'll be going the full 4 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Francois Charette
Canada
Montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
I couldn't get DHL website to acknowledge my number, but my package got here!

Thanks for all your hard work, Hanno!

Now I have to find time to play the game.....

When you get LE Havre was it " small parcel" (one LE Havre + some goodies)?

and when it get shipped ?

someone says to me that when there is no tracking # from europe, it is
automaticly surface... i hope he's wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another reason why DHL is going out of the business in the US
http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lan...

This is my shipment (large package of 4 games and misc bits). It took DHL nearly a freaking month to process it at their own local hub.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lan...

This is my shipment (large package of 4 games and misc bits). It took DHL nearly a freaking month to process it at their own local hub.

This is awful.
I filed a claim and asked for reimbursement. If I get money back, I'll forward it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hanno - I didn't pester you with it since it was obviously DHL and not your fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ballek
msg tools
I just sent a game from Germany to the USA. By including extra printed materials (English translation of the rules) I slipped into a higher price category - nearly 20 Euros (about 30 US$) more.

That was damn expensive BUT... what a difference in service!
1. DHL gave me it's own tracking number
2. by searching that number I found the UPU Code
3. at USPS.com I was able to track the UPU Code
4. the best part: USPS will now send me automatic updates via email whenever there is new activity on the shipment.

If you are shipping something relatively large and/or rare (in my case a game extension that is out of production and only available used) I'd say it's worth the extra money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.