Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe we all agree that ZIMP is a very simple and easy, GOOD too.
it's a game system that will feed into any theme, as we have see variants available.

I believe players who have play ZIMP, their mind are fill with all kind of variants of their own. Use ZIMP to create their variant need to have nice graphics/images to put onto the tiles.

I have to say that because of graphics, i tried ZIMP.
I too have different variant thought, but looking for graphics to fit into your variant is not easy and if you are not good in drawings/computer graphics.

many thanks to Jeremiah for giving us a simple good game system that works for all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually don't worry about the graphics. The 1st edition graphics were hand drawings by Jeremiah! I actually still play with those original tiles every once in awhile. They have a certain aesthetic appeal!!

Just draw something up for your idea and add/improve on it as time goes on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the graphics really help to get something printed and played the first time, and I'm really grateful to Kwanchai for the great artwork because of this.

However, I don't want that to be a roadblock for any variant designers. This game, as Sam pointed out, started out with hand-drawn tiles because I'm not a graphic designer. If the game is good, someone with graphics talent will pick it up and make it pretty. We've seen it here, in Zombie Plague, and with Free Trader (as well as, I'm sure, many others that I don't know about).

Make the game, it's worth it. And if you get a chance, send me a copy, because I have so many games to print-and-play that I'm running out of time to get to ZimP variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, listen to what the others are saying: do it, man! Even if it's in crayon!

Nice graphics are not necessary if a game (or a variant) is well-designed. Good ideas are a precious resource. As for graphic artists, like they say: "build it, and they will come".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree and thanks to all. Hope this post will be read and players start bringing more variants/expansion to ZIMP.

Hail to ZIMP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.