Popular Tags: [View All]
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well since everyone already posted these game deals individually, it should be noted that if you get all three, the shipping is FREE! I was considering each of them individually until I put all three in the cart and realized the shipping went to zero for UPS. A great deal for these three new games that otherwise retail for $215 (if you were to buy all three). A savings of $85 (or more if you consider the savings on shipping as well).

http://www.pozy.com/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does Pozy have a link to Empire Games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is so cool. After the "war" they have had to link to the other site is just so interesting. Will Empire link back? hmmm, we will see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lou-Dawg wrote:
Why does Pozy have a link to Empire Games?

Is that pissing contest still going on? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
That is so cool. After the "war" they have had to link to the other site is just so interesting. Will Empire link back? hmmm, we will see.

They did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, supposedly Pozy is swamped with orders (both Pozy and uTOYpia) and they can't deal with it all, so they thought they might just "spread the holiday spirit" by linking to another site.

That and one of the guys that worked for them (NewPozy on the forums) just got a new job. Second time this has happened...

Anyway, I'm curious why they picked Empire. Wasn't there a controversy with Empire or something a bit ago?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
No great conspiracy.

Empire tried to do a deal a day site like Pozy does. There was a little gnashing of teeth between the two sites, eventually Empire started to have the same deals as Pozy but undercut the prices by a dollar or two.

One particular day, Pozy started to change the game sold every hour or so, with one of the games being offered being Conflict of Heroes. Empire put this up for sale for a very long period of time when they didn't have it in stock, turning into that can of worms you can find elsewhere.

Shortly after this, Empire stopped doing "deal a day" and changed their business model to having every single game 43% off. Since they were no longer a competitor of Pozy (in the deal a day basis) the hatchet was buried and everything is cool now.

You can check out the Pozy.com forums for the full info if you care to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ohst
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AA:Ann is sold out. You'll have to find some other game(s) to fill out the order to get the free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No controversy? Wasn't Empire affiliated with SPHIATT or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stexe wrote:

Empire's owners seem to be responsive to consumer inquiries. It appears that they're making an honest effort to have solid customer service.

Can we drop the whole SPHIATT conspiracy stuff already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Stexe wrote:

Empire's owners seem to be responsive to consumer inquiries. It appears that they're making an honest effort to have solid customer service.

Can we drop the whole SPHIATT conspiracy stuff already?

I was just curious, I have no real opinion one way or another. I thought I'd just let people know and then they can decide for themself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.