Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kantor
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only just ordered this, but it seems to me that what you need for a decent solitaire solution is some uncertainty about combat results - without, of course, the problems of just randomly shuffling the opposing units and playing them blind.

I'm going to try resolving combats using some form of SCRUD (Simple Combat Resolution Using Dice). If that looks workable, I'll add some command and fog-of-war issues using matrix game arguments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas E. Gebhardt
Germany
Birkenwerder
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkantor wrote:
...I'm going to try resolving combats using some form of SCRUD (Simple Combat Resolution Using Dice). If that looks workable, I'll add some command and fog-of-war issues using matrix game arguments.

John,
this just sounds super! I'll always find myself in the position of lacking partner to play a descent wargame, what finally put me into the corner of playing it solitair.
So go ahead and try, AND THEN..., let us all know!!!

Cheers
Andy (521tiger)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kantor
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, now that I have the game, I'm thinking that all you need to do is to use Fudge dice (d6 which give +1/0/-1). Roll one die for each Unit involved to determine its final strength.

For the solo aspect, give each corps written objectives - and each corp commander an aggressiveness rating that you can use to decide their actual tactics in any specific attack. Once I'm more familiar with the system, I'll come up with a couple of simple charts to help with that.

Here's a handy way to convert regular dice to Fudge Dice (half-way down):

http://www.fudgefactor.org/2001/12/01/babys_first_fudge_dice...

And here are some nice Fudge Dice:

http://dicepool.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=837

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas E. Gebhardt
Germany
Birkenwerder
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkantor wrote:
...I'll come up with a couple of simple charts to help with that.

well, at least I'm standing by to read your experimental solution works...

Awaiting more,
Andy (521tiger)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.