Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently acquired the CS4 Web Premium package, after barely using CS3 Dreamweaver and Flash. I never used any of the other programs before.

So far I haven't quite understand the difference between Fireworks, Illustrator, and Photoshop, except one has tools that the other doesn't. Yes, I know one uses Vector and one uses Raster graphics, whatever those are. As you probably can tell, I have very little artistic skills. Mostly, I just want stuff that I can draw simple things (since I can't draw much more than that) to use in Flash and rules, and some picture cleaning up tools.

I like the new CS4 Flash so far. Dreamweaver changed a few things that I haven't figured out why they did. But other than that, it seems pretty well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
While I've never used much Fireworks, Illustrator and Photoshop are two totally different animals.

Illustrator is geared toward transforming analog media into the digital environment.

Photoshop is geared toward manipulating existing digital media.

The thing is they all have overlap in functionality, and to be honest I think they could probably make a single program to do it all, but that would cost $5000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.