1 Posts

Coloretto» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Sinclair
United States
flag msg tools
We had just finished playing Texas Hold Em around 10pm, when someone suggested we play some other games. SOme of the choices were Monopoly, Scene It, and the three I had brought Coloretto, Pit, and Guillotine. Since there were 7 people, Pit, Monopoly and SCene It had the edge, but then Steve and Leanna decided to go to bed, leaving 5 of us. Bobby and Pat had played PIT before, and since it was loud, I offered Coloretto.

They were very skeptical as I first started explaining the rules. I have only played this 4 or 5 times so far, so I am still wokring on how best to explain the rules. But I think the best way to do it is actually jump in an play a round. People seem to catch on very quickly.

Well halfway into the first game, Pat excalimed, "I really like this game." (Disclaimer: no modern board game players in the bunch except me) After the first match of three they all nodded that they were getting the hang of it.

Here are the totals for the 5-player games we played
Pat: 31,13,17 - 61
Bobby: 18,23,18 - 59
Dawn: 21,23,22 - 66
Jill: 24,23,26 - 73
Me: 31,19,25 - 75

Pat: 23,17,19 - 59
Bobby: 22,28,21 - 71
Dawn: 29,14,20 - 63
Jill: 31,15,23 - 69
Me: 36,28,31 - 95

Pat: 25,18,21 - 64
Bobby: 20,19,26 - 65
Dawn: 16,25,22 - 63
Jill: 24,26,28 - 79
Me: 29,29,24 - 82

People tried all differenct strategies, taking only 1 or 2 colors or all seven colors to start so they had the best pick, etc. Everyone like the simple nature of the game, but most enjoyed the subtle backstabbing nature present in deciding which row to place your cards in.

Midway through the 2nd game, Bobby noted this would be "excellent on my ski trip next week." So I offered to let him buy the game off me right there, since I was placing an order sometime next week with some other firends. When Pat and Dawn heard that, they wanted a copy too. So if you need a better testimonial I don't know what you need to hear.

Also, of note, we used the yawning castle/angry turret card to allow the player who picked it to take a card from anyother player's hand. Everyone really liked that variant, and it actually affected how quickly people picked up the wild cards , knowing it was likely to be stolen from them later.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.