Popular Tags: game_group [+] [View All]
Alexander King
United States
Alvin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all!

Have a quick question - thought you all might be able to point me in the right direction.

I and some friends are trying to get a small gaming night together. Nothing public, just a night of gaming among friends.

I have been looking around for a website (kindof like Evite) that will allow me to create an event and invite people to it, but Evite doesn't cut it because I would like to have the following tools:

The ability to leave the date open and let people put in their availability within a time frame

The ability to have polls on the event page so we can decide on the big game of the night

Plus all of the other usual party tools like photos, map to the location, email or sms updates etc.

I know meetup.com comes close, but something free is preferable.

Yes, I know I could make my own website, or do it manually, etc etc - but before I go that route I was hoping I might get a break from someone else's experience here.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gravitt
United States
Northglenn
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Check into Renkoo.com. It's designed for when you want an event but you don't know exactly where yet. You let people chat until you "Finalize the Plan" and then send that out. You get RSVPs and updates by SMS and chat if you set that up.

It's really good with the maps. It doesn't have photos though or polls that I know of. Mostly the decisions have to made via emails.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using Doodle.com to get small groups of people together. Works great. You can create polls for available date/time slots, favorite games or basically anything you can think of to poll. The great part is that your guests don't have to register for an account to answer or edit their response. There's a bit more for the organizer to do (setting up a poll), but it's a breeze for your guests, and that's what it's all about, right?

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but if you need help you can send me a geek mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try Meetup.com if you don't mind paying money for something that should basically be free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked at Google Calendar?

http://calendar.google.com

I don't use all of its bells and whistles, but calendar + picasa + gmail = A lot of interoperability that I don't use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ʇllıʍ)
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ain't modern technology great? We get to ask complete strangers (albiet not face-to-face) how to get together with a group of our own friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure eVite does all that. It definitely does polls (either "write in" or "pick from these options") and it lets you ask people to pick the best date from a range...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander King
United States
Alvin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks all for the quick response!!!!

I too agree how odd it is asking strangers on how to meet up with friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
I'm pretty sure eVite does all that. It definitely does polls (either "write in" or "pick from these options") and it lets you ask people to pick the best date from a range...

I was going to post the same, i'm pretty sure evite does all that. It allows polls, and lets people choose a date. it also allows for pictures after the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander King
United States
Alvin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I had tried to setup an invite on Evite and didn't realize that you had to go to the Advanced settings to allow invitee's the ability to vote on dates.

Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.