Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sheridan Hortness
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The next session of Kanata Board Gamers will take place Tuesday November 25th at Kravings Desert Cafe in the Kanata Centrum. Start time is 6:30.

Please use this thread to discuss details and announce games.

e-mail kanataboardgamers@yahoo.ca to be added to our mailing list.

Happy gaming!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to request Galaxy Trucker and/or Dominion, if Mr. McEvoy will be in attendance. Likewise, I'll be bringing Cosmic Eidex along in case you, Mark, and Steve (or anyone else for that matter) feels like trying out another 3-player trick-taking game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dixon
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would be in for Dominion, I've played it on BSW a few times and it is good. My copy should be here in December

But if anyone is up for a 2 hour game I will be bringing Tikal again. One of these days I will play Tikal once more...

Cheers,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin, if Mark can't make it then I'd be up for Tikal - or, if you'd prefer, we could finally get you another chance to try Java. Actually, I'll bring Java along anyway - I don't mind if other people play it while I'm off playing Galaxy Trucker....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dixon
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm, Java & Tikal in the same night... how late does Kravings stay open?

If we do Java it might be helpful if you could sit in as you know the rules.

Either way is fine though.

If Mark does show up with Dominion, I have a feeling you will want to play it multiple times. Its one of those games with crazy combos and you just want to try it one more time... and I believe it only takes about 30 mins to play. Its fun and addicting in a combo CCG kind of way.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boomerang1 wrote:
If we do Java it might be helpful if you could sit in as you know the rules.
Agreed. Although, I'd certainly be willing to teach the game even if I was not playing. Like Tikal and the other action point games, it has the handy menu of actions to choose from, so once you understand the iconography, playing the game is relatively straight-forward. Playing it well, however...that's another story....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'd put my odds at 80%. Dominion and Galaxy Trucker (along with expanded Race for the Galaxy, and Agricola) are now in my 'default' game carload.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Anyone notice all the worst-weather days have been Tuesdays?

Sorry I couldn't make it out tonight. All I ask is a night when there's no risk of me having to drive home on ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dixon
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's ok Mark. The weather wasn't great.

Sean, Kory & myself managed to play both Java & Tikal. We were ready to play Mexica, but at that point there was only half an hour left, and we were getting a little burnt out on action points. We played Java first (2 hours), so Tikal seemed like a light/filler game (1.5 hours) after bending our brains around Java

The other table played Stone Age, In the Year of the Dragon, and possibly Transamerica. There may have been a 2 player game played as well that I missed.

Next session should be a Dominion-fest followed by PowerGrid China/Korea I hope (or vice versa). There was also talk about Galaxy Trucker making an appearance.

Cheers,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
No Mo Sno! No Mo Sno!

If I'm there, Dominion and Galaxy Trucker are, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.