Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Shumate
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Haldo,
I've recently discovered the piecepack, and I must say that I am addicted! I wanted to ask the assembled people here a few questions, though.

1) I've been developing a few piecepack games on my own - one is finished and in testing, the other still in development. Are there still people who play with the piecepack and is there still a demand for new games? I'd like to offer it online, but if there's nobody to play it....

2) Is there demand for a new piecepack website, assuming that people still play it? The official website hasn't been updated in years, and the Wiki seems to be mostly dead as well...Just curious.

Anyway, any help or advice you could give me would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Netopalis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm a fan of the piecepack myself and have been making games for it since I first made mine (they're all on BGG and on the wiki). If you want to get some playtesting, be sure to add your game to BGG and the wiki. Even if the wiki hasn't been updated much lately, it is still the place where all the new games have been released lately... and even though there aren't many posts, I think most people do still read the messages, so be sure to announce your games there too

What kind of web site are you thinking about? Another wiki? The problem is that there hasn't been any movement lately on the community and I'm not sure a new site will really start it again... but why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shumate
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I was thinking more of a website like piecepack.org, but perhaps maybe more of a newsletter format...Anyway, just a thought. I'll try the game that I made tomorrowish and post it after I've tweaked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please add them to the wiki, it's not quite dead yet.

mark Biggar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all the spam on the recent changes page makes it look quite bad... As I said on the list, I'm not sure what can be done about it, but something should...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about it, a new web site (or blog) where a different game is given the spotlight each update (with a review, maybe session report, etc...) could be a great idea. If there's one thing piecepack games really need is good feedback so 1) the designers can polish their games and 2) the potential players can see if they might enjoy the games....

If that's too much work for just one person, and if there's enough interest, it could be done by more than one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shumate
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Right....I'm going to work over Thanksgiving to try to put something together, see if there's enough interest. I think that this is a good concept that would catch on if more people in the general public knew about it. I'd also recommend putting piecepack materials on other websites as well - about a month ago, I posted an Instructable on how to build your own piecepack...Anyway, I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls