Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Sawler
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9th scenario is up. http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ah-scenario_sleeper-awaken... Looks challenging... but maybe too chaotic with all four expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philomars wrote:
I found 7 and 8 too but where are 1-6?
Phil

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ah_league.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do I have this feeling like 1 and 2 investigators "teams" are going to start gunning for Final Combat right off the bat. Seriously, 2 gates/monster surges a turn surprise ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Why do I have this feeling like 1 and 2 investigators "teams" are going to start gunning for Final Combat right off the bat. Seriously, 2 gates/monster surges a turn surprise ?

The scenario says to only open the gate on the first card, ignore the second one's gate.

So the second card will just add more random events - and clue token - to the board. Means there should be more rumours though, which is never a good thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:

The scenario says to only open the gate on the first card, ignore the second one's gate.

So the second card will just add more random events - and clue token - to the board. Means there should be more rumours though, which is never a good thing...

Two Mythos cards a turn also dampens the dilution effect by allowing the players to go deeper into the deck.

I also expect some weird results. Off the top of my head, I can imagine two: First is where you draw two environment cards at the same time. I suppose you open the gate on the first card but never resolve the environment effect because the second environment immediately cancels it. Second is a combination where a headline releasing monsters into a neighborhood is immediately followed by the "remove all monsters in that neighborhood" event.

It is likely that there are many other weird combinations that I can't think of now.

I do like the modifications to Cthulhu's attack power when he awakens. I think I shall make a house rule to use them in our regular games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

I don't think that's how it's supposed to read. You still deal with the gate printed on the second card, but on the first card, only the gate is used, and not the clue, monster movement, and special text.

So you could have two gates open in a round, or two monster surges, or one and one. Or worse: two gate bursts!

Yeah. So what you've written is apparently the way it's supposed to be done. I just got done getting thoroughly murdered three times in a row, and only looked into the scenario rules more because I could not believe that the scenario was that difficult.

HORROR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.