Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone confirm that the crisis deck should have 10 cylon attack cards, 41 skill checks and 19 events ? The 41 / 19 seems like a strange breakdown, and I want to make sure my set has the proper cards.

Thanks,
-T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider it confirmed :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also find the composition a little strange. So many fun bits, but relative few situations to use them in.

I was thinking of maybe removing some crisis cards to increase the frequency of Cylon attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind, this game isn't just about being attacked from without (basestars/raiders), but also from within (hidden cylons). The skill checks are a primary way for humans to try to root out cylons, and for cylons to undermine the humans. By having a few turns without danger from ships, the players can focus their actions on discovering who is loyal, and managing their resources.

In my first game, the first three crisis cards were all cylon deployment/attack cards. Everyone was so busy trying to kill raiders and save civilian ships that there was no way to spend a precious action to take/use quorum cards or otherwise worry about a potential cylon player.

With a higher % of cylon attack cards, the human/cylon aspect of the game would get pushed to the background. I believe the designer intended this game to be more about player interaction and intrigue, and not just about space battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitchett
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried today to upload a text file of the breakdown of crisis cards. i know it takes several days for approval. if next friday it hasn't been approved or disapproved, i'll try uploading again. I say i tried becuase my webpage locked up. i had to cancel it but it was on the upload completed page. At least that heading showed nothing else did.
if you'd like me to email it to you let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to take your word for it, since I've only played a solo learning game in preparation for this weekend. What I'm afraid of is the possibility of going through the entire game without a significant battle, like if no deployment cards show up or only pop up right before a jump. Is this a very rare situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.