Colossal Arena» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A very close game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Valdir Jorge
flag msg tools
Date: February 11th, 2005

Game: Colossal Arena

Players: Ali, Denis, Tasia and Valdir (myself)

Yet another monthly board gaming night at my department, this time with a few more people and even a new player coming in! Things are looking good...

Tasia wanted to play her game first, so I took Colossal Arena and started setting it up. The creatures left out of the combat this time were the Daimon (I don’t think I’ll ever use it in a game, it is too strong a character), the Cyclops (no need to be nasty with newbies), the Ettin and the Titan (these two were picked out randomly).

I explained very quickly the rules to Ali. There were some parallel conversations that made communications about the game difficult. For instance, when on the third round I mentioned again that secret bets can only be done during the first round, Ali said "but you told me I could do it later!". Well...

The first monster to leave the arena was the Unicorn, which was being backed by Denis. Next was the Colossus and then the Amazon. This one had my bets and Tasia’s, but even working together we couldn’t save it. Darn!

The Troll (backed by Ali) was the one leaving the game at the end of the fourth round. As usual, we ran out of cards during this round, so we were playing with depleted hands by now.

The fifth round didn’t take too long, I finished the game by killing the Gorgon, which had bets by all three other players. In the end the monsters left alive were the Magus, the Seraphim and the Wyrm

Final Score

Player: Magus + Seraphim + Wyrm = Total
Valdir: 8 (5+3) + 0 + 2 = 10
Denis: 2 + 4 + 3 = 9
Ali: 4 + 0 + 4 = 8
Tasia: 0 + 5 (3+2) + 0 = 5
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.