Genoa» Forums » Sessions

Subject: We didn't have this much fun ever before rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Valdir Jorge
flag msg tools
Date: February 11th, 2005

Game: Traders of Genoa

Players: Ali, Denis, Guity/Tasia and Valdir (myself)

After the game of Colossal Arena Guity joined us for a game of Traders of Genoa. She said she was a bit tired, so she played together with Tasia.

As I know that they wouldn’t take lengthy explanations of the rules I jumped right into the game. In hindsight, this was a mistake, I should have taken at least a few minutes to explain the basics of the game because the questions started being repeated ad nauseam, it was a bit exasperating...

There was too much noise, too many parallel conversations, some times I just stopped my attempts to give explanations and waited for them to come back to the game. We even played without the ownership markers because that would have been too much for them.

The game ended up taking more than two hours and we only did four of the eight rounds! During the buying and selling, some players got nasty and the game stalled some times.

The two girls ended up winning by a nice margin:

Player: $$$
Guity/Tasia: 530
Denis: 460
Ali: 430
Valdir: 380
Once again I finish last in this game. I’m definitely not good at buying and selling stuff...

Even though we had some rough spots during the game, all said that they had had a good time, one of them even mentioned that we hadn’t had this much fun ever before...
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.