Modern Art» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Schlatter
United States
flag msg tools
It's The Winslow!
Back when I first bought Modern Art (circa 10 years ago), my gaming group had not really taken to it. I brought to the Shreveport group for a first play, and we had a blast. (After reading articles on the Geek, I decided to play the German rules with the = cards.)

Luke started bidding high during the very first auction, eventually running out of money before the auction ended. Fortunately, he bought enough paintings to give him $120,000 at the end of the round. The second auction was a quick one, with four Glitters selling quickly with only one other painting sold (a Lite Metal). Throughout the third and fourth auctions, both Dom and Luke were bidding high, making "once around" and "in the fist" cards especially valuable. Roger and myself focused primarily on selling and not buying, while John used a mixed strategy. While Dom had over $300,000 going into the last round, a large number of purchases hurt him. By the end of the game, Lite Metal was valued in each round, while Krypto placed in three out of four rounds. To my slight shock, my conservative bidding strategy led to victory.

Final standings: Mark 355/Roger 345/John 325/Luke 315/Dom 264
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.