Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried to get to their website to find out more info about Tomb of Ice, and found a placeholder pointing me to http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ - it's a snazzy new website. It also has info about some new games on it, like Talisman and Android. I'm guessing that was the Jinteki game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much better looking website... That was the one thing I didn't like about FFG... Their site seemed very 2002...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:
Their site seemed very 2002...

You're giving us a lot of credit.

Glad you like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Android is the new BLADE RUNNER
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremyffg wrote:
CovertDad wrote:

Glad you like it!

I love your guys' products! I was being nice...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Profile info seems to be a bit wonky...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremyffg wrote:
CovertDad wrote:

Glad you like it!

Very nice work! That Android trailer is pimp. Kudos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
athmok wrote:
There is even a sweet preview video for Arkham Horror.

And Descent, and probably a few others as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam...you beat me to the punch. I was spending way too much time navigating FFG's new site and by the time I was going to post this news on BBG....you had already done so.

The site is very nice....

Already signed up for their new forums. I think you must start a new...old info is not available at the moment.

You get to add the FFG games you own...very nice feature.

You also get to select your top four games which is attached to your avatar (and they are new too). I will miss old Homer....sigh.

It's new and there will be bugs....but a gleaming new site for me!

Thanks FFG for taking the time to keep your patrons interested....

von Epp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremyffg wrote:
CovertDad wrote:

Glad you like it!

My only problem with the site is that when I click 'Buy it' on the Android page it doesn't work.

Could you fix that right away, Jeremy?

I'd like to be playing it by Thanksgiving.

Other then that the site looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great. My only complaint is the annoying noise on each page. Please, please remove the sounds. I hate sites that do that.

The flash animations did cause some minor hickups on my end. Those with slow connections will probably be cursing the new site. But if you have a high speed connection you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Simcoe (Norfolk)
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
adamknight wrote:
I just tried to get to their website to find out more info about Tomb of Ice, and found a placeholder pointing me to http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ - it's a snazzy new website. It also has info about some new games on it, like Talisman and Android. I'm guessing that was the Jinteki game!

"Jinteki" is the name of a corporation in Android -- you can see it in that rather badass trailer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonEpp wrote:
Adam...you beat me to the punch...

I was checking obsessively for Tomb of Ice's release date! I must have spotted it almost as it went up Turns out, ToI has been spotted in some FLGS so my order for it will ship soon. Most excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Ham Lake
MN
flag msg tools
mb
Android looks cool. This and the new website is the highlight of my day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexei Gartinski
Jordan
Amman
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be nice to be able to stop the animation and the annoying sound.

Also: do I have to register now to get access to support files? I have no interest in the community there, I am not particularly keen on posting my personal info there, and really do not want Fantasy Flight to send me promotional stuff based on my "collection"... I have mine on BGG, it's huge and I am pretty happy with it

Get me right: I own plenty of excellent Fantasy Flight games, follow all the new releases and intend to buy more. I just simply want to get to support page and download my files as before, without having to send more of my personal data into the cyberspace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Thomas
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More info on Android would be very much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Looks great. My only complaint is the annoying noise on each page. Please, please remove the sounds. I hate sites that do that.

The quick answer is to just turn your sound off, especially if you have an unrequitted hate for websites with this feature. Why ask someone to do something for you when you have the complete power to do it yourself?

Once they take the sounds off, then there will be another post that says "Hey, put those sounds back on".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was interested in Android until I went all the way through the site and couldn't actually find a picture of the game.

Considering there is one on the flash ad on BGG I would add that to the game's info at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's some stuff if you go to Android's page through the catalog. I know at the very least there's a flash banner that ends with a shot of some of the game components, not to mention the ones shown in the trailer.

And of course, more info about Android will be forthcoming.

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daric Morris
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see more photos of the actual games. Lots of nice text and artwork. But I'm not seeing many photos of the actual components, all laid out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the release date? Does all the flash-bang-wallop mean it is available today or is this something that wil be available soon. It sounds like a great one for Thanksgiving night

Edit; just saw the availble soon note.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hristo Filipov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to register but my country is not in the list for selection... Coutries like Brunei and other exotic names are in, but Bulgaria, an EU member - not... I hope you'll fix this - all the countries in the world should be included. Don't you want fans and customers from all over the world?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! It was an oversight, and I will contact our programmers immediately to have that fixed.

Sorry about that!

- Jeremy @ FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will continue to add more data and images to each game's page in the days and weeks to come.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
steinley wrote:
ScottE wrote:

The quick answer is to just turn your sound off, especially if you have an unrequitted hate for websites with this feature. Why ask someone to do something for you when you have the complete power to do it yourself?

Once they take the sounds off, then there will be another post that says "Hey, put those sounds back on".

I don't mean to remove the sound, just add a way to switch it off. And I wouldn't mind a way to switch off the Flash stuff too.

It is very rude of sites to have noisy webpages and many sites have an option to turn it off. So far I can find none for this site.

I shouldn't have to turn my speakers down just for one site, if I'm listening to music while surfing then why must a site require me to shut off all my sound just for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.