Hide
10 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Woods
msg tools
In the advanced game Scarecrow villian gets plus to stats every moon phase. Do the previous phase bonuses remain as the next bonus takes effect? Example +1,+1 then +2,+2 = +3,+3 total by the third phase.

Can you purchase an item in town hall, use it, then purchase it again and use it. So on and so on? Example ( forgive me I don't have the name of the item) Book +2honor-discard to move moon tracker, over and over again.

In the co-op game can you exchange inspection?

Thank you in advance for your help and responses. We really enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuna wrote:
In the advanced game Scarecrow villian gets plus to stats every moon phase. Do the previous phase bonuses remain as the next bonus takes effect? Example +1,+1 then +2,+2 = +3,+3 total by the third phase.

Yes. Each new shadow phase you should give the Scarecrow a +1 Wound marker and a +1 combat marker, so these will be cumulative.

Tuna wrote:
Can you purchase an item in town hall, use it, then purchase it again and use it. So on and so on? Example ( forgive me I don't have the name of the item) Book +2honor-discard to move moon tracker, over and over again.

Yes. Town Items, when used, are discarded back to the Town Item stock for being bought again. The only exception is when a card (usually Mystery like Book Burning) causes a Town Item to be "removed from the game."

Tuna wrote:
In the co-op game can you exchange inspection?

Nope, just items and allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Woods
msg tools
Thank you for the response. Just to clarify if the shadow track reaches the last phase the Scarecrow will only be +4,+4 total. Not +10,+10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:

Tuna wrote:

Yes. Town Items, when used, are discarded back to the Town Item stock for being bought again. The only exception is when a card (usually Mystery like Book Burning) causes a Town Item to be "removed from the game."

Could you explain where the rules indicate this. I was under the impression that there is supposed to be a discard pile for Town Items (just like there is a discard pile for all the other decks), and that this discard pile is only put back into the available pile when all the available Town Items have been purchased (i.e., the deck is depleted, same cause for reshuffling the discards of all the other decks - unless otherwise indicated by cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Woods
msg tools
Also just to clarifiy town items. The same character on the same turn can do this as many times as they have inspection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Conradie
Canada
Rossland
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tuckerotl wrote:
StatSig wrote:

Tuna wrote:

Could you explain where the rules indicate this. I was under the impression that there is supposed to be a discard pile for Town Items (just like there is a discard pile for all the other decks), and that this discard pile is only put back into the available pile when all the available Town Items have been purchased (i.e., the deck is depleted, same cause for reshuffling the discards of all the other decks - unless otherwise indicated by cards).

As per the game's designer in another thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/347113

"That is correct. The Town Items are not a 'Deck' but rather a 'Stack' of cards. They do not have a discard pile like the Decks do. When a Town Item is 'discarded' it is simply returned to the Stack so that it may be purchased again. Because there is no discard pile, the Event card "If I could just reach..." cannot pull Town Item cards."

Also, at the bottom of page 4 in the rulebook:

"Note that Town Item cards do not form a deck, but rather a stack. Town Items are not random and the stack may be looked through at any time. When discarded, Town Items return to the stack."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Conradie
Canada
Rossland
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick terminology correction, in case there's any confusion:

1. It's "investigation", not "inspection".
2. It's the "shadow track", not the "moon track".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuna wrote:
Also just to clarifiy town items. The same character on the same turn can do this as many times as they have inspection?

While Jason would have to give the final word on this, I'm going to go with no. Buying Town Items is an Action--encountering the Blacksmith space. You're not allowed to start one sort of action while in the midst of another, so you need to finish shopping before you use those items, and then you've already encountered the space and would have to wait till next turn to use it (i.e. shop) again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuna wrote:
Thank you for the response. Just to clarify if the shadow track reaches the last phase the Scarecrow will only be +4,+4 total. Not +10,+10.

Yes, that's correct. He only gets +1/+1 every phase of the shadow track. So by the last phase, he should be at +4/+4 from that special ability (not counting any other bonuses from Mystery cards etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Woods
msg tools
Thank you for the responses. I apologize for my incorrect terms. It did seem a little crazy to buy the book of lore over and over again in one characters turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.