Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
My friend is conducting some basic research on how well women and men can tell when someone's lying. You basically look at some short video clips and tell it which of the three things the person said was a lie. The "two truths and a lie" thing, but with video.

In order to maintain some form of research accuracy, it won't tell you which ones were true and which were lies right away, but she's said she'll post the results once enough people have taken it.

It only takes a few minutes... if you're bored and can watch a few very short videos and guess at the lies, it'd be awesome!

http://www.geocities.com/liedetectiontest/ (will redirect to PollDaddy after you click "Next," it's not a Geocities thing)

Help a sister out! (My friend, that is.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I know whether I got any right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:

Will you believe whatever they tell you about which ones or how many you got right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:

She'll post the answers next week. Doesn't want to skew the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right, like I'll remember to tune in next week to see if that girl REALLY has a Welsh Corgi dog....

Tell whomever that they misspelled "confirmation" on the first page. I suppose if it were also misspelled on the final page it wouldn't be so bad, but now there's not only a misspelling, but an inconsistency. This could invalidate the whole study!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, WTF is up with the "What race do you identify with" Question? Why is every race "non-Hispanic"? Are there Hispanic Asians I just don't know about? Are the Hispanics trying to take over the world? Seems a very odd way to ask such question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
degamer wrote:
OK, WTF is up with the "What race do you identify with" Question? Why is every race "non-Hispanic"? Are there Hispanic Asians I just don't know about? Are the Hispanics trying to take over the world? Seems a very odd way to ask such question...

Hispanic has NOTHING to do with race - Hispanic is an ethnicity. So to answer your smart-alecky question, yes there can be Hispanic and non-Hispanic Asians (guess which there are more of).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Awh, the poll is closed! I'd like to have seen the questions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.